50 LBS by DECEMBER ?

Options
I am from Canada and I am currently 230 pounds looking to get down to 180 by December which is a healthy weight for me (I'm tall) I just really started committing to this lifestyle and plan to indefinitely. I wouldn't mind acquiring a virtual fitness pal who's in the same boat for support and advice/guidance. Wish me luck ! Is it possible to lose 50 pounds by December ??

Replies

• Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rebekah, from Texas! I started my journey earlier this year at 215 and REALLY committed a few months ago to changing my nutrition and working out 5-6 days/wk. I've been able to lose 31 lbs so far and my goal is to lose 50 lbs as well; goal weight 135 because I'm not that tall :wink: Doing that by the end of this year would be fabulous! I'm up for being your virtual fitness pal! :smile:
  • eatpraylovethin
    eatpraylovethin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'll join the two of you, heading out the door though will come back and share info about my journey later today...thanks!
  • byoung8433
    byoung8433 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You goal lines up well with mine. Please add me. we can cheer each other onward.
  • lissaejerome
    lissaejerome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hey friends I'm glad I have some company on my journey ....Rebekah how long did it take you to lose that initial 31 pounds
  • mh1706
    mh1706 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. Can always use friends as we all are working to be better. Add me
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It is possible to lose it, but you have to be dedicated. You can lose weight with just eating healthy, but when you want to lose a significant amount like that, make sure you add cardio into your daily routine. I lost 10 pounds last month, and 7 and a half was in two weeks. Stay dedicated, drink lots of water, and make sure you're tracking your calories properly (food scale, measuring spoons/cup, etc) and you could do it. Good luck
  • lorna1002
    lorna1002 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I would also like to lose 50lb by the end of the year. Anyone with similar targets please add me
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    I will tell you that I lost 50 pounds from June 24, 2014-Dec 24, 2014 (of a 75 pound total goal). It can be done, but it takes real commitment! I also had more to lose than you do, so that may make your struggle more difficult. Is there a reason why it HAS to be by December? I think you may be putting undue stress on X pounds by X date....just focus on a healthy, happy you for the holidays!
  • lissaejerome
    Options
    Thank you all for the instant support and advice ...I'm glad that I have a group of people who are all on the same journey. I am aiming for December because I want to go into a new year at a healthy weight. I will continue to work out everyday and eat healthy and let's see how it goes. As for eating more I want to stay eating at a 1200 intake until I gain more muscle and then I will add more healthy calories.
  • lovegianevie
    lovegianevie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm looking to lose about 40 lbs. so similar goals. I don't have a goal date but I'm also looking for some friends for moral support. Please feel free to add me :)
  • vocallycool
    vocallycool Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this group as well. I was pretty fit up until I got a stressful desk job 2 years ago. I am also looking to lose about 40-50 pounds by December. Let's hold each other accountable. We can do it! :)
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I've lost 52 pounds so far this year and plan for about 40 more by the end of the year. Please feel free to add me if you'd like a guy's perspective on things. I log ~2200 calories/day. My fitness includes daily walking and 3x/week of weights (Stronglifts). Good luck to everyone!
  • lissaejerome
    Options
    I was very fit prior to 2013 after having my daughter ...does that make it easier ?? Is muscle memory real ?
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the beginning of your journey! Yes, it's possible to lose 50 pounds by 2016, but as others have said, it does take dedication and a strong will. I've lost close to 50 pounds since mid-January with daily logging and activity (a fitness tracker helps, too!).

"Muscle memory" is a fallacy. Rather, things become easier as new muscle tissue to made to repair the tears in the tissue formed during exercise. The "memory" part actually comes from your brain remembering how to do things!
  • lissaejerome
    Options
    Thank you !!!!

Has any of you used or know anything about garcina cambogia ??
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Thank you !!!!

Has any of you used or know anything about garcina cambogia ??
    Don't bother. Just another fad pill to jump on like raspberry ketones etc. Save the money that you would have spent on it, and buy yourself a fabulous present when you reach goal.

• Rebekahl87
    Rebekahl87 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey friends I'm glad I have some company on my journey ....Rebekah how long did it take you to lose that initial 31 pounds

I lost the first 10 between mid-January and mid-April. I kicked it into "for real" mode mid-April and I've lost the other 21 lbs in that 2 month time frame. Steadily losing around 2 lbs/week.
  • grbtaath
    grbtaath Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This is awesome! I have about a 110 lbs to lose. (At 251) I would love to be a part of this group! I can't figure out how to add any of you:-/ if you can add me that would be awesome!
  • lissaejerome
    Options
    Awesome !! If anyone has time can someone take a quick look at my diary and let me know what you think
  • turtlebeachbum
    turtlebeachbum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose about 50 by December. I've lost 37 since March. I would love to be part of a group of similarly driven people. I'm working out like a fiend and watching my calories. Major lifestyle change going on. :)