Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Girl question!

Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Ok so I have always been at least a little overweight, so I probably would get bloated but honestly I didn't notice cause I was fat. Now that I am a little trimmer I am noticing that I think I am bloated. My period hasn't started yet but I know it's coming today or tomorrow. My question is when do you get bloated? Before your period, during or after. I feel like If I could just start then the bloating would go away. Anybody out there know if it goes away once your period starts?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    2 days leading up to my period I notice some bloat.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Before and then it seems like I drop 3lbs the first day or two!
  • trish858
    trish858 Posts: 9
    I always get it the week before I start. Mine usually goes away during or just after it ends. Everyone may be a little different but mostly I think it is the week before you start. Hope this helps a little;)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I think it is a week before, and I get puffy all over, I must retain water because my clothes feel tight.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    YAY!!! This is what I was hoping to hear. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy, Cause I am like 3lbs heavier but I have been eating right and exercising. Thanks!!
  • auri77
    auri77 Posts: 39
    i start noticing the bloat about a week before.. youll retain water at that moment but after that you should loose it.. ;)
  • ShawniaA
    ShawniaA Posts: 3 Member
    I have this problem and it seems that a couple of days before, I have bloating and it usually last for about 3 days into my cycle. It seems to be mostly water weight.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    i bloat just as it begins and through day 2 & 3 (the worst days for me). im just coming out of day 6 actually, its nearly gone completely and i feel nearly normal again! weeeee.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 748 Member
    Yep! I do. I usually start feeling the effects about a wk before. The days just before and after are probably the worst. Ick!
  • Bloating before is very normal! lol I bloat a couple days before mine and even a little bit during. One thing I have figured out is to really watch the salt intake when it's around my period (even though salty food is what I crave). Good luck!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Drinking peppermint tea is supposed to help with bloating :)