Girl question!

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
Ok so I have always been at least a little overweight, so I probably would get bloated but honestly I didn't notice cause I was fat. Now that I am a little trimmer I am noticing that I think I am bloated. My period hasn't started yet but I know it's coming today or tomorrow. My question is when do you get bloated? Before your period, during or after. I feel like If I could just start then the bloating would go away. Anybody out there know if it goes away once your period starts?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    2 days leading up to my period I notice some bloat.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Before and then it seems like I drop 3lbs the first day or two!
  • trish858
    trish858 Posts: 9
    Options
    I always get it the week before I start. Mine usually goes away during or just after it ends. Everyone may be a little different but mostly I think it is the week before you start. Hope this helps a little;)
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think it is a week before, and I get puffy all over, I must retain water because my clothes feel tight.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! This is what I was hoping to hear. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy, Cause I am like 3lbs heavier but I have been eating right and exercising. Thanks!!
  • auri77
    auri77 Posts: 39
    Options
    i start noticing the bloat about a week before.. youll retain water at that moment but after that you should loose it.. ;)
  • ShawniaA
    ShawniaA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have this problem and it seems that a couple of days before, I have bloating and it usually last for about 3 days into my cycle. It seems to be mostly water weight.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    i bloat just as it begins and through day 2 & 3 (the worst days for me). im just coming out of day 6 actually, its nearly gone completely and i feel nearly normal again! weeeee.
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yep! I do. I usually start feeling the effects about a wk before. The days just before and after are probably the worst. Ick!
  • LyssaMarie13
    Options
    Bloating before is very normal! lol I bloat a couple days before mine and even a little bit during. One thing I have figured out is to really watch the salt intake when it's around my period (even though salty food is what I crave). Good luck!
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Drinking peppermint tea is supposed to help with bloating :)