Cookbooks

Options
2»

Replies

• teanahk
    teanahk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome :smile:

I've got to second the suggestion for "how to cook everything" I have the vegetarian one and it really does have recipes for everything and is full of simple ways to make delicious things from whole ingredients. It was well worth the price, if you have an iPad/iPhone there's an app for it as well.

I'm going to need to get myself one of Jamie Oliver's books. Everything on his website looks delicious.
  • Blessed_luv
    Blessed_luv Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much teanahk! Whole Food cooking isn't necessarily just vegetarian is it because my husband would not like that.
  • Blessed_luv
    Options
    My doctor just told me yesterday he like me to consider gluten-free any suggestions on gluten-free cooking
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much teanahk! Whole Food cooking isn't necessarily just vegetarian is it because my husband would not like that.

No, of course not. The Bittman book I mentioned that teanahk likes has a vegetarian edition (which I agree is good), but the one I referenced is not vegetarian.
  • Blessed_luv
    Options
    Wonderful Thank you, lemurcat12
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    My doctor just told me yesterday he like me to consider gluten-free any suggestions on gluten-free cooking

Www.againstallgrain.com
  • Blessed_luv
    Options
    I appreciate everybody's help so much I I don't get to go out and look for cookbooks and look through them do my health issues so I ordered them through Amazon or Barnes & Noble bookstore and I have bought so many of them just to have to send them back because they weren't what I was looking for they wanted you to add some store process food and the recipes. I'm not definitely not what I'm looking for you guys have been wonderful to share your cookbook ideas with me
    Thank you,
    Steph
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    my name is Stephanie I am new to MFP. Actually I started a long time ago but I only did it for one day I've been doing it for 15 days straight now and I'm enjoying it and losing weight. My question is about healthy cookbooks. I am finding it very hard to find healthy cookbooks for whole foods eating most books require that you put in a can of soup instead of teaching you how to make it anybody have any suggestions out there? If your looking for friends feel free to add me.

Laura Vitale/Laura in the Kitchen is a Youtube chef who creates recipes from scratch, and also just announced her new cookbook. She has it available for preorder on Amazon and I believe Barnes and Noble as well. She's phenomenal; I've made several of her recipes already, and they're very adaptable based on personal tastes or dietary restriction. She does everything from homemade desserts, sides, to main courses. I'd recommend checking out her channel and seeing if she's what you're looking for. The book looks like it's going to be released in a few months.
  • Blessed_luv
    Options
    Thank you very much! I never thought about looking at YouTube for cooking shows excellent idea.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    100 Days of Real Food
  • Phoenixlife75
    Phoenixlife75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a significant gluten allergy & have had to make numerous changes. One of my most favorite resources is "Gluten-free on a Shoestring". It can be found on Pinterest, FB & I know she has also published several cook books. I especially like her GF flour recipe. Often times GF baking can be gritty, but my friends can't tell the difference.
  • Blessed_luv
    Options
    Thank you, Phoenixlife75
    Stephanie