Starting again

Options
Hi everyone.

After putting on a load of weight again that I lost I've decided to start again with myfitnesspal and hopefully lose some weight! Does anyone have any tips?

Replies

• galaxie_gurl
    galaxie_gurl Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My biggest tip would be to focus on WHY you want to lose the weight and focus on that motivation! Next would be to plan! Planning is one of the most important parts, plan your meals for the week even if you can't prepare a lot ahead of time at least you'll know what your doing :) Feel free to add me as a friend! I'm also on my journey of losing what I previously had lost (due to a huge weight gain withy second pregnancy) and I love offering support and motivation to others to help them with their journey :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa - welcome back! I upped protein, veggies, fiber, and exercise, and decreased simple carbs, and have a lot more energy and thus motivation to exercise and take the time to make healthy meals.

I have a digital scale now which makes logging food a lot easier.
  • lisahhjayne14
    lisahhjayne14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great thanks!!
  • jaims224
    jaims224 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have been there, and in fact, I AM right there now. Only something in me has just clicked. I want it now. I have been telling myself for years that I cannot do it, that I'll never be thin again. Essentially, I've been lying to myself. Because that is the biggest thing, be honest with yourself. That is the key. Tell yourself you can, set realistic goals, and want it. No one can want it for you, it all comes from within. I think the journey in weight loss takes independence and guts. Take it a day at a time, don't tell yourself you will get back on track tomorrow. You can say that to yourself for years, trust me.

Good luck!! We are all rooting for you.