which beachbody program should i invest in for my goals?

Options
Hi there! looking for some advice. ok, so I am just about to finish an insanity live bootcamp and am looking to start a beachbody program at home. I am really struggling to know which program would suit my particular goals and needs so any advice much appreciated.
so I am female, 5 ft 8 and currently 140lb, i'm quite a slim frame so my goal weight is about 128-132. So I don't have a huge amount of weight to lose, but I DO still want to lose it. My main goal is to "tone up" which I know basically means building muscle, particular areas I would like to work on is lower body and core (after the kiddos have recked it lol!)
So I was originally thinking of doing the original insanity in the mornings and then some piyo maybe 3 or 4 nights a week. But then reading about it it makes insanity sound a lot more like a weight loss program and not sure if that's the best option when I only have like 10lb left to lose,
p90x looks good for strength but I can't do a single pull up yet so worried that would be a bit like trying to run before I can walk?
any advice?

Replies

• SueCo1234
    SueCo1234 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am far from an expert but use the "Slim in Six" home dvd which is fairly light aerobic and strength training 30 minute daily exercise - which combined with sensible eating this week has helped me lose 3 lbs (I am 5'6" and now weight 162 lbs - target 145 lbs) - (I have also cut out all accompaniments to meals except for green salad - but am still eating the likes of roast chicken, salmon etc as the main bit). My daughter did Insanity and cut out all the tasty (but high calorie) stuff like pizza and sweets that she really enjoyed - and had spectacular results - but she wanted to lose 42lbs (and did so within 2 months and has maintained that (loss was about 4 months ago) through sensible eating subsequently.
    Good luck! Sue
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Insanity was amazing! And not just a weight loss program in my opinion. I did lose 10lbs over the course of the program but felt a lot stronger. Shawn T is a beast! You can always increase weights too.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    It's funny how that company refers to its MLM salespeople as "coaches" but when a customer needs real coaching, off to the internet they go.
  • ba502
    ba502 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight with insanity but my cardio fitness significantly improved. So I would encourage you to give it a try or even to try Insanity Max 30. I love them both but found I got the best toning from Insanity Max 30.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a weight loss option like you mentioned however you probably will not lose more than the 10 lbs you want to either way.
    You gain great toning and cardio endurance.
    I have done Insanity and just completed Insanity Max30. I liked Insanity but I absolutely loved Max30
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I gained on Insanity, the intense Cardio just drove my appetite. But man, was I ever cardiac fit, with muscle enduance like crazy.
  • naxeea
    naxeea Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ba502 wrote: »
    I didn't lose any weight with insanity but my cardio fitness significantly improved. So I would encourage you to give it a try or even to try Insanity Max 30. I love them both but found I got the best toning from Insanity Max 30.[/quote
    I was thinking to get one of those insanity programs.

Insanity is a weight loss option like you mentioned however you probably will not lose more than the 10 lbs you want to either way.
    You gain great toning and cardio endurance.
    I have done Insanity and just completed Insanity Max30. I liked Insanity but I absolutely loved Max30

Is Max 30 good for weight loose?I want to give it a try.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. Fitness programmes just potentially boost results by improving your physical appearance and improve overall fitness. I'm about to complete Insanity and will then start T25, this is to improve my physical appearance but most importantly to improve my overall health. I am eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • naxeea
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit is the only way to lose weight. Fitness programmes just potentially boost results by improving your physical appearance and improve overall fitness. I'm about to complete Insanity and will then start T25, this is to improve my physical appearance but most importantly to improve my overall health. I am eating at a calorie deficit to lose weight.
    I am on a calorie deficit,just looking for a good workout regime.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    P90X3
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Not to mention, if someone has never used Beachbody, they won't have a coach. And some of us using the programmes have no desire to use a coach either, feeling fully equipped to support ourselves!
    naxeea wrote: »
    I am on a calorie deficit,just looking for a good workout regime.

You asked if Insanity Max: 30 is good for losing weight. Any workout regime you are using hoping to aid weight loss is only as good as the food you put in your body.
  • girlenblue
    girlenblue Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm using, and loving, Chalean Extreme.
    11411 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Anyone use T25? ?
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I've done 21 df (two rounds of it) and currently doing insanity. I'd definitely recommend 21 day fix. I'm 5'8 and was 175 and lost 10lbs 10 inches my first round!! Second round 4lbs 4 inches.
    I'm on day 15 of insanity and lost 2 lbs so far but not sure I like it. I am going to be switching to 21 day fix extreme starting tomorrow. I may decide to try and do both but we shall see, haha.
    Feel free to add me if you like.:)
  • naxeea
    Options
    venuila wrote: »
    I've done 21 df (two rounds of it) and currently doing insanity. I'd definitely recommend 21 day fix. I'm 5'8 and was 175 and lost 10lbs 10 inches my first round!! Second round 4lbs 4 inches.
    I'm on day 15 of insanity and lost 2 lbs so far but not sure I like it. I am going to be switching to 21 day fix extreme starting tomorrow. I may decide to try and do both but we shall see, haha.

By 21 day fix you mean Shakeology?
  • mshanepace
    mshanepace Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    11411 wrote: »
    Anyone use T25? ?

Really intense though only 25 minutes
  • Confidentone
    Confidentone Posts: 1 Member
    Options

You don't have to be using shakeology. It can work with any of the beachbody programs but the 21 day fix is a meal plan (portion control) and a 7 day / 30 minutes a day workout plan. It's difficult but not extreme. Ideal for beginning a workout / meal plan. I lost 13 lbs round 1. (Though I was drinking shakeology )
  • venuila
    venuila Posts: 190 Member
    Options

I didn't use shakeology or the meal plan, just the workouts and my own 1200 calorie diet and whey protein.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest using Shakeology or Beachbody or any of that stuff - it's overpriced protein powder and supplements. Eat good food at a reasonable deficit, exercise, and you'll be much better off mentally and physically especially for the long run - those programs aren't sustainable for the long term. It might take a little longer to eat right and exercise, but you'll form healthy, long term habits where you won't see the weight come back as soon as you stop using their program.
  • bcruz313
    bcruz313 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I would also recommend 21 df or even 21 df extreme if you are already on a clean diet and are not necessarily a beginner at exercising. Either way, Insanity, Piyo or 21 df are great programs to tone up. At the point your at, it is your nutrition that is going to help you drop those last 10 lbs not your fitness regimen.