10,000 Calorie Cheat Day

Options
13»

Replies

• Sarasmaintaining
    Sarasmaintaining Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Hmm, that's like one awesome cheesecake :D Yeah, I could totally do that lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Are you actually serious or trolling? First, there's no point to eat that much EVER, second, I don't think you could even physically do it. I can't eat more than 4200 and that's when I'm PMSing and VERY hungry.

Or I guess you could drink a few cocktails too, but that would end well I'm sure.

There's also no way I would do 4 hours of exercise. NOPE.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I saw one girl on instagram who did that after her show and wrote she felt miserable. User name is jazzyn_bryant if you want to look her up.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Are you actually serious or trolling? First, there's no point to eat that much EVER, second, I don't think you could even physically do it. I can't eat more than 4200 and that's when I'm PMSing and VERY hungry.

Or I guess you could drink a few cocktails too, but that would end well I'm sure.

There's also no way I would do 4 hours of exercise. NOPE.

I think shes trolling ngl
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    i don't understand the purpose of this.

Having a small cheat to help you mentally stay on course while you're prepping is one thing. But go back and look at the Christmas/Thanksgiving challenges I've posted- it's DAAYUMN hard to eat 10,000 calories. You'd probably puke before you got anywhere near.

Last year I was aiming for 6,000 and even guessing absurdly high- I only came in around 3500-4000.

I see no use for this- for anyone. much less someone trying to prep for a competition. It just seems completely and utterly foolish.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me the pro's and cons and any experiences had with a 10,000 cal cheat day?

Firstly, I'm currently prepping for my first ever bodybuilding show going into the fitness category. I am 9 weeks out at this stage about to start my cutting phase. I am currently sitting at 56kg and approx 16% BF. I have been fairly strict since January this year, started off with 1 cheat meal a week and have slowly just worked it down to whenever i desperately need a cheat meal for my sanity which is approx 1 meal every 3 weeks or so.
    I am wondering whether having a 10,000 cal cheat day would be at all beneficial to me, not only for psychological reasons but physical as well.

If i was to do this it would only be a one off and then i would go straight back to my nutrition plan but i had planned to map it out as detailed below, I just have some doubts and am a little scared it could hinder my progress.

60mins High intensity Cardio
    Meal 1: 2500 cal
    60min Heavy Legs session
    Meal 2: 2500 cal
    60min Heavy Chest session
    Meal 3: 2500 cal
    60min Heavy Back session
    Meal 4: 2500 cal

Any experience or advice that anyone has would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what to expect and can't find much info about it on good old google...

That workout routine, is that normal for you? Or just something you were going to try bc of the extra calories? That's 4 hours of heavy workouts in one day. I can't imagine under what circumstances that would be necessary or even beneficial.

Also, no way to the 10000 calories. At 9 weeks out I would not even expect any reasonable "cheats" unless you're losing too quickly and need some extra calories. Just like at any other time, it's all CICO

No that's def not a normal workout day for me. The most I do in one day is 60mins cardio, max 90mins of weight lifting and then 2 hours of choreography practice or gymnastics and that's only ever done twice a week. Normally it's just the cardio and weights.

Either way since someone mentioned that this is something that people do while on enhancement for mass I understand that it's not something I should do at this point.

One follow-up question - is 60 minutes of cardio ever necessary? I've started doing some weight lifting, and the most cardio I do is the equivalent of 2 miles or 20 minutes.

It's never NECESSARY, but it's a choice.

I can't do "real" cardio that long in a stretch because my muscles fail (genetic disorder) so that I'm down to a walk, but I lose weight just fine. At my peak of health, the longest I could run at a time was about 3.5 miles. And then I was trashed for days after.

But I had very low body fat and could squat 250lbs free weights for 30 reps. (I was nervous about possible injury with going over. I wasn't confident that anyone there could spot that much!)

250 for 30 reps.

mmhmmm- you have a video of that?
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me the pro's and cons and any experiences had with a 10,000 cal cheat day?

Firstly, I'm currently prepping for my first ever bodybuilding show going into the fitness category. I am 9 weeks out at this stage about to start my cutting phase. I am currently sitting at 56kg and approx 16% BF. I have been fairly strict since January this year, started off with 1 cheat meal a week and have slowly just worked it down to whenever i desperately need a cheat meal for my sanity which is approx 1 meal every 3 weeks or so.
    I am wondering whether having a 10,000 cal cheat day would be at all beneficial to me, not only for psychological reasons but physical as well.

If i was to do this it would only be a one off and then i would go straight back to my nutrition plan but i had planned to map it out as detailed below, I just have some doubts and am a little scared it could hinder my progress.

60mins High intensity Cardio
    Meal 1: 2500 cal
    60min Heavy Legs session
    Meal 2: 2500 cal
    60min Heavy Chest session
    Meal 3: 2500 cal
    60min Heavy Back session
    Meal 4: 2500 cal

Any experience or advice that anyone has would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what to expect and can't find much info about it on good old google...

That workout routine, is that normal for you? Or just something you were going to try bc of the extra calories? That's 4 hours of heavy workouts in one day. I can't imagine under what circumstances that would be necessary or even beneficial.

Also, no way to the 10000 calories. At 9 weeks out I would not even expect any reasonable "cheats" unless you're losing too quickly and need some extra calories. Just like at any other time, it's all CICO

No that's def not a normal workout day for me. The most I do in one day is 60mins cardio, max 90mins of weight lifting and then 2 hours of choreography practice or gymnastics and that's only ever done twice a week. Normally it's just the cardio and weights.

Either way since someone mentioned that this is something that people do while on enhancement for mass I understand that it's not something I should do at this point.

One follow-up question - is 60 minutes of cardio ever necessary? I've started doing some weight lifting, and the most cardio I do is the equivalent of 2 miles or 20 minutes.

It's never NECESSARY, but it's a choice.

I can't do "real" cardio that long in a stretch because my muscles fail (genetic disorder) so that I'm down to a walk, but I lose weight just fine. At my peak of health, the longest I could run at a time was about 3.5 miles. And then I was trashed for days after.

But I had very low body fat and could squat 250lbs free weights for 30 reps. (I was nervous about possible injury with going over. I wasn't confident that anyone there could spot that much!)

E-stats at its finest.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    UI would feel sick. Why don't you ask your prep coach.