alchaol for 1 weekend only?

Hi im 19 and have been on my diet for 8 days and this weekend im of to a party! Will it be ok to drink malabu with lemonaide/coke just dor one night? And then after iv chucken alchaol right out the window!:)

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Depends. What's the legal drinking age where you are?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    If you're in the US and not 21, then no.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Assuming you're somewhere where you're old enough to drink... if it's in your calories, then have it. If it's not, well I'd still have it anyway because I like to enjoy myself on special occasions (unless you go to parties all the time).

Either fit it into your calories or ignore calories for those drinks, enjoy yourself, accept that your weight loss will take a tad longer and carry on your diet as normal the next day.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    If you're in the US and not 21, then no.

This!

• demiashdown
    demiashdown Posts: 10 Member
    Its 18 in England where I am!:) thanks for you help guys!! X
  • demiashdown
    demiashdown Posts: 10 Member
    18 in England where I am
  • rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Well, I'm going to assume you're from the US, so no. You are not 21. If you were planning on staying in and drinking at home, sure, but going out and partying can get you in big trouble.

If you were of legal age, sure, just fit it into your calories for the week and make sure you stay hydrated so you don't get leg cramps or a hangover.
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    If you don't mind the taste, look into no calorie or diet mixers. Diet coke, diet lemonade, or even just a sparking water that's flavored. It reduces the drink from the 200+ calorie range.

And it isn't the alcohol that sinks you, it's that being buzzy or drunk makes you hungry. Alcohol is an appetite stimulant and reduces inhibitions, so the snacks you're more likely to turn down sober you'll chow down on when drinking. I'd watch for that more than the couple of hundred calories extra you're going to drink.
  • DeguelloTex
    18 in England where I am
    Then drink if you want to drink.

• DeguelloTex
    18 in England where I am
    Then drink if you want to drink.

• bambione
    bambione Posts: 30 Member
    I agree with the poster that said one drink won't kill you calorie wise. But again the problems are that having a drink could cause you to loose control and have another and then just start eating all that delicious party food! I would suggest go to the party and start drinking water or diet stuff in the beginning. After an hour or so then have your cocktail.
  • glortard
    glortard Posts: 67 Member
    No reason you cannot drink although don't save calories just for drinking...eat beforehand
  • AdamImadA
    AdamImadA Posts: 74 Member
    In that case, one last time, drink large quantities of malibu whilst playing beersby.

(Whatever that is)
    :)