80 pounds to loose!

jbleeks
jbleeks Posts: 2 Member
Hi everyone,

My name is Jessica and I am from Ontario, Canada. I'm 20 years old and have been struggling with my weight all my life. Last night I was organizing my closet and realized about 75% of my clothes don't fit me anymore. It's time to try for real and I would love to get to know anyone who could motivate and help me with my journey and I will do the same for them. I want to be at my goal weight of 140 pounds by next summer so I can finally wear that bikini I've always dreamed of! I can't wait to hear from you :)

Replies

• Heydi79
    Heydi79 Posts: 79 Member
    We can do this !!! Summer 2016 will be awesome!
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    80 pounds in one year is an aggressive goal but with the energy and metabolism of a 20-year-old you could really shed some serious pounds by then. If you've 'always' struggled with weight, do you know why? Is it due to poor diet at home, injury, physical limitations, health condition, etc.? Reason I ask is because to do a 180 degree turnaround on your weight, you have to do a 180 on whatever brought the weight on in the first place. And that's where the challenge lies.

If you're ready and able to do it, be prepared for an uphill battle...but one that you CAN achieve, especially here with good MFP friends and their support. I'm working on the last 10 pounds (to also get down to 140) and it's tough but I'm not giving up. This is the best place on the 'net IMHO for making positive life changes when it comes to health and fitness. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • TheSandmanCan
    TheSandmanCan Posts: 5 Member
    I have 60 to lose and am also looking for someone to stay motivated with!
  • jacklfc88
    jacklfc88 Posts: 247 Member
    amy8400 wrote: »
    80 pounds in one year is an aggressive goal but with the energy and metabolism of a 20-year-old you could really shed some serious pounds by then. If you've 'always' struggled with weight, do you know why? Is it due to poor diet at home, injury, physical limitations, health condition, etc.? Reason I ask is because to do a 180 degree turnaround on your weight, you have to do a 180 on whatever brought the weight on in the first place. And that's where the challenge lies.

If you're ready and able to do it, be prepared for an uphill battle...but one that you CAN achieve, especially here with good MFP friends and their support. I'm working on the last 10 pounds (to also get down to 140) and it's tough but I'm not giving up. This is the best place on the 'net IMHO for making positive life changes when it comes to health and fitness. Feel free to add me as a friend :)

this.

you can do it though!!
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Good luck to you! I have similar goals so I hope we can both achieve them
  • jbleeks
    jbleeks Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks guys! Usually my problem is loosing motivation. This is why I'm here :)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    I lost 82 pounds & if I can do it, so can you! While on MFP alone I lost 50 pounds in 26 weeks. Average of 1-2 pounds per week is completely healthy but does require a lifestyle change. Calories in vs. calories out and the healthier choices the better along with dedicated daily exercise will be the determining factor. Log everything & set small goals. Put up a motivational pic or poster & leave notes for yourself that you won't eat out of stress or boredom but rather out of hunger and eat mini means throughout the day to fuel your body. I have been on for over 3 years now and maintaining. You will do this! Add me if you would like.
  • BIGLeagueQ
    BIGLeagueQ Posts: 75 Member
    jbleeks wrote: »
    Thanks guys! Usually my problem is loosing motivation. This is why I'm here :)
    I am the same way, and was shown here by some friends for the same reason! Good luck to you, and feel free to add me. :)