2»

Replies

• CasieSJ
    CasieSJ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    SW: 215
    CW: 215 (just started)
    GW: 135
    I always quit so I need a lot of support.
  • CH2828
    CH2828 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Support helps!! It's good to know you are not alone in this! We are all working on getting fitter! One step at a time.....
  • CH2828
    Options
    What are your goals?!! What do you want to do?!!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My daughter came to me and asked me how to lose weight, she is only 11. Her dad is 6'3 and she's already taller than me, I'm 5'6. She has always been the biggest girl in her class after she hit a growth spurt at around 7. I'm doing this for her because at 11 she shouldn't be having a body image issue, but she does. That motivated me to show her the proper way to eat and to be held accountable for not paying attention to what kinds of food you put in your mouth, how much of it, and when. This has brought us closer together as well. I do low carb as a lifestyle so I don't focus on my number as a whole but rather how I fit in my clothes and how I feel eating this way. I just wanted to post what motivated me to get real and get back on track.
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    Sectionut wrote: »
    I've been at this since November of last year. I had some very difficult things happen in my life including a divorce. I was about as low as it gets. I hated how I looked and felt, it was a struggle just to get myself out of bed. I managed to turn that into some small lifestyle changes that sort of set the rest in motion. I cut out all fast foot which was a lot of what I ate due to working retail. I stopped drinking pop completely as well. Once I started feeling a little better emotionally I started doing some exercise, weights and cardio. Before I knew it people around me were taking notice and asking how I was doing it. Truthfully I didnt know what I was doing, I was just trying to make better choices and trying to focus on something other than how awful I felt. Day by day, I got through and here I am almost 7 months later and 49lbs down. I came to the community because I need to keep this lifestyle going. I want to surround myself with people that will remind me why I started in the first place. As of late its been rough wanting to do things and I really need to keep going. Its great to read everyones stories, we all have struggles but we can get through, we WILL get through. Anyone is welcome to add and message me, we can keep each other going in the right direction.

Stats
    Starting Weight: 247lbs
    Current Weight: 198lbs
    Goal Weight: 180lbs??? Need to get rid of the belly fat! :smile:

Awesome job! Take that ex! :Snap snap annnnnd spin: :D
  • tretoptreece
    Options
    talpilon wrote: »
    Starting weight: 337lbs
    Current Weight: 265lbs ish (I'm scared to look at the scale)
    Goal Weight: 199lbs (I'd just like to be under 200lbs and then we'll see from there).

I had lost about 120lbs for my wedding last September and was at 220lbs. Gained a good 45lbs between our honeymoon, Christmas, disappointment over trying for a second baby.

I just went to the store to buy some new jeans (my old ones were really tight) and almost burst into tears when I realized I had to buy two sizes bigger. I have to get back on track now...

I can totally relate. All that hard work you put in just to have it crumble in a lot less time than it took to get there. I wish you the best. I hope you can find what works for you.
  • tretoptreece
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [
  • CH2828
    Options
    Tretoptreece
    My daughter came to me and asked me how to lose weight, she is only 11. Her dad is 6'3 and she's already taller than me, I'm 5'6. She has always been the biggest girl in her class after she hit a growth spurt at around 7. I'm doing this for her because at 11 she shouldn't be having a body image issue, but she does. That motivated me to show her the proper way to eat and to be held accountable for not paying attention to what kinds of food you put in your mouth, how much of it, and when. This has brought us closer together as well. I do low carb as a lifestyle so I don't focus on my number as a whole but rather how I fit in my clothes and how I feel eating this way. I just wanted to post what motivated me to get real and get back on track.

I have a 16 year old daughter and I can relate... I'm trying to set a good example for her as well but I'm not where I need to be. It's a life style of living healthier...and I'm trying to do better every day. Thank you for sharing and for all of your comments above. <3
  • CH2828
    Options
    PS: I wish there was a like button....