VITAMIX recipes for a noob.

Options
dodoodoodo
dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
I am doing a 5 day juicing cleanse to hopefully help get rid of my sugar OBSESSION.
I know some disagree with this, but I'm going to do it anyway so I'm hoping to find recipes for breakfast/lunch/dinner that I can repeat so I don't have to buy a million things.
Must all include at least one vegetable, please.

I've juiced before but never used a Vitamix so not sure how the pulp and stuff tastes/works in all recipes. Any help?

Replies

• dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i'm a little confused because i vitamix isn't a juicer. i don't juice because i want to ingest all the fiber, etc. anyway, i luckily inherited a vitamix, and i love it. my favorite recipes (it's mostly trial and adjust to your taste) are not very sweet, so most people don't like them. i've gleaned many tasty concoctions off the net though.... try one by dr. Oz. i don't care for all his advice, but his blender recipes are good. (the more fruit, the better it tastes) http://kimberlysnyder.com/blog/ggs/ i don't know if that link will "post" but google 'glowing green smoothie'. It has too much fruit in it for ME, but it's a good place to start. CHEERS!
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    also, i didn't get a "manual" with my hand-me-down, but you can find them online. the manual comes with lots of ideas. i have even made my own almond milk in my vitamix.
  • newme501
    newme501 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my VitaMix and yes you can go on line for how-to's for your model. I don't have any issues of texture, fiber etc when I blend whole foods. My favorite is a Green Smoothie, 10-15 white grapes, 2 cups of greens(spinach/kale)
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt , 1/2 celery stalk, 1/2 lemon squeezed(1 tbsp), 1 cup of ice- you can vary it by adding berries if you like.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    nope cleanses are unhealthy and do nothing positive for the body whatsoever

good luck though
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love my vitamix, their website has lots of recipes available.