1-Piece Swimsuit Sizes...

Options
I'm a size 9-10 right now.

I just wanted to know what size 1-piece swimsuit should I buy these days? Is it supposed be the same size as my regular clothes or is it different these days?

Right now I have a size 12 one and it fits perfect. But am I supposed to be the same size as my regulars clothes when it comes to swimsuits? Just wondering.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I think usually the swimsuit is a size bigger than your clothes because it's formfitting and stretchy.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have a size 12 bathing suit that is a little tight, but looks really good (it has a fat sucker in it.. yay!). But I'm wearing a size 12 shorts right now.... so I'd say a size up, or the same depending on the suit.
  • cdthom
    cdthom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    every swim suit is diff you just try them all on till you find the perfict one for you
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT!! Man, I thought I was going crazy and was worried about my size and such (because I am losing some weight now).

Yeah, I thought so with the stretchy material and such (and coverage in the crotch and butt areas is vital too, to think about). Okay, then I'll buy a 12 for now on. I'll just stick to 2 sizes bigger from my regular clothes....

Oh, thank you so much, you guys!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    In the wise words of Yoda, "Size matters not." :laugh:

Try 'em on, and whatever flatters, fits and makes you happy is the winner, no matter what the tag says.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I bought a 10 but I wear a 12....i'm short but I bought a TAll...helps with the extra weight I have.
  • mbowman323
    mbowman323 Posts: 216
    Options
    I would say your a size 12 then. You usually go up a size then your regular pant size. I would also make sure you try them on first before purchase that is if you can.
  • RobMacca1
    RobMacca1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i would say dont wear a 1 piece where a bikini and show off ur newly toned body!!

xxx
  • Dlpsweet
    Dlpsweet Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Totally agree...GO for the Bikini...It is a great feeling to put one on and be confident that the hard work is paying off. :)
  • LeanaJo
    LeanaJo Posts: 85
    Options
    i would say dont wear a 1 piece where a bikini and show off ur newly toned body!!

xxx

Yeah, I like bikinis, but I'm not tanned enough yet to wear one...LOL! I haven't wore a bikini out in public since 2009. But I still wear one in my backyard, when I go tanning outside.
  • emaustin86
    emaustin86 Posts: 18
    Options
    If its a training suit for swimming, when you try it on, lift the arm straps up and if they go past your ears it's too big.