whats your goal for this week?!

Options
NancMoss
NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
edited June 2015 in Getting Started
My goal is to lose 5lbs this week. Maybe unrealistic but with hard work it can be possible? Especially if I have positive cheerful pals, which I currently have any :'( .

lets encourage and push one another!!!!!!! B)

Even if we dont become friends.. I genuinely hope you reach your goal whatever it might be. Lets not give up, let's do this! Much love <3

Replies

• opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am just starting and am focusing more on creating healthy habits this week. Being my first week, I expected a drop just from bloating and water weight. Plus I should lose 1lb if I stick to my calorie restrictions but more important for me is changing behaviors.

So my non scales goals this week are:
    1. Eat a healthy breakfast everyday (This one is important- Past habit is I would often skip breakfast, eat lunch, and a large dinner, then snack at night)
    2. Drink 8 glasses of water each day
    3. Meet my exercise goal for this week.
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    It's day one for me over here. This week my goal is to track my food everyday. I really need to get back in the habit of doing that!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to track every bite, even if I go over my calorie limit, and to incorporate more vegetables into my diet.
  • Heydew
    Heydew Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This week is the beginning of the biggest loser contest at work so I'm excited and ready to bring my A game.
    For this week I want to:
    1. Drink at least 8 cups of water
    2. Exercise at least 3 times this week
    3. Be as active as I possible can be (I have a desk job)
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    this is my first week eating at maintenance, so my goals are

1 not going over budget
    2 not freaking out over water weight
    3. enjoying the heck out of my extra 200 calories a day
  • NancMoss
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks you all for sharing your goals. It really helps to see that there's other people with similar struggles. But honestly lets make our goals reality.

I too struggle with eating healthy most especially at night.. OMGGG I want to eat everything and anything. But I feel that by seeing each others progress we can push a little harder!

This are my fav. Quotes
    "I succeed on my own personal motivation dedication and commitment.
    My mindset is:
    If I'm not out there training,
    Someone else is." Lynn Jennings

I also like

1body
    1life
    O EXCUSES

• NancMoss
    Options
    NancMoss wrote: »
    Thanks you all for sharing your goals. It really helps to see that there's other people with similar struggles. But honestly lets make our goals reality.

I too struggle with eating healthy most especially at night.. OMGGG I want to eat everything and anything. But I feel that by seeing each others progress we can push a little harder!

This are my fav. Quotes
    "I succeed on my own personal motivation dedication and commitment.
    My mindset is:
    If no not out there training,

I also like

1body
    1life
    O EXCUSES

• truelight_photo_craig
    truelight_photo_craig Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Log 20 miles running/walking.
    Lose 1.8 pounds (gets me to 193).
    Guard against pride and competitiveness. My only competition is me. :wink:
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 5lbs this week. Maybe unrealistic but with hard work it can be possible? Especially if I have positive cheerful pals, which I currently have any :'( .

Even if we dont become friends.. I genuinely hope you reach your goal whatever it might be. Lets not give up, let's do this! Much love <3

To lose 5lbs in one week is possible if you are extremely overweight..you are not.

a 5lb loss requires a daily deficit of 2500 calories...can you do that?

Even with positive pals it's not reasonable.

I won't push you to do this as it's an unhealthy unreasonable goal esp since it's half of the weight you want to lose...you should be aiming for max 1lb a week and even that is pushing it.

As for my goals...run 2x this week, lift 4x this week, walk 3x this week, stay in goal and hopefully lose 1/2lb that I am aiming for....even if I don't lose the weight I don't care as I understand weight loss is not linear.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    My goals are the same this week as every week. Stick to my plan.
  • NancMoss
    Options

This are my fav. Quotes
    "I secced on my own personal motivation dedication and commitment.
    My mindset is:
    If no not out there training,

I also like

1body
    1life
    O EXCUSES
    SezxyStef wrote: »

To lose 5lbs in one week is possible if you are extremely overweight..you are not.

I won't push you to do this as it's an unhealthy unreasonable goal esp since it's half of the weight you want to lose...you should be aiming for max 1lb a week and even that is pushing it.

As for my goals...run 2x this week, lift 4x this week, walk 3x this week, stay in goal and hopefully lose 1/2lb that I am aiming for....even if I don't lose the weight I don't care as I understand weight loss is not linear.

• Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week are to:

1) Stick to my healthy diet
    2) Be more active
    3) and hopefully lose 2 lbs
  • lucy1722
    lucy1722 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HELLO everyone my goal for this week is to loose 4 pound I been on the right track so I'm pretty excited specially because today I weight my self and I have lost a total of 25 pounds and I still have 67 more to go I know its not easy but with determination i will do it thanks
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Eliminate foods with white flour and drink half my body weight in ounces of water.

I'm gonna pee a lot :happy:
  • taentea
    taentea Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My primary goal for this week is to tame my sleep. I've been struggling with making it happen at reasonable times for 1.5 decades at least. Other than that just to keep doing the usual: staying under my calorie goal and walking when I feel like it & the weather allows.
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I won't push you to do this as it's an unhealthy unreasonable goal esp since it's half of the weight you want to lose...you should be aiming for max 1lb a week and even that is pushing it....

This! I accidentally lost 2.2lb (1kg) last week, due to being a newbie and my poor grasp of net calories. I wouldn't recommend it. By the weekend I was exhausted and *needed* to 'overeat' just to keep going and stave off the aches from poor muscle repair. I also understand the 'healthiest' and most sustainable weight loss to be 1lb pw :)

My aims this week are:

To swim for another 7 hours.
    To meal plan (and shop!) more effectively.
    To lower my carb and sugar intake but raise protein (particularly after swimming).

• NancMoss
    Options
    Im 177... I'm a bit overweight. However I do agree with you, 5lbs is extreme. I also agree with the 1 to 2 lbs per week. Ill share my frustration with you.

I used to train like no other. Lifted approximately 6x a week and I was able to run 6 to 8 miles. Now I struggle to run for 5 mint and l so struggle to curl 8 pounders... no bueno. But I guess I have to start building it up again..

you have motivated me.. you train hard and keep it healthy. Thank you for being real with me. Sometimes thats what we need.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    - Run 2 or 3 times this week
    - Strength train 3 times
    - Walk 50 minutes throughout the day
    - Stay slightly under my calorie deficit goal in preparation for vacation next week
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Im 177... I'm a bit overweight. However I do agree with you, 5lbs is extreme. I also agree with the 1 to 2 lbs per week. Ill share my frustration with you.

I used to train like no other. Lifted approximately 6x a week and I was able to run 6 to 8 miles. Now I struggle to run for 5 mint and l so struggle to curl 8 pounders... no bueno. But I guess I have to start building it up again..

you have motivated me.. you train hard and keep it healthy. Thank you for being real with me. Sometimes thats what we need.

I understand that frustration...I am ex military and was in top shape...

I am in better shape now...and healthier as I understand nutrition better now...

and yes you will have to start building it up again but you will be surprised at how fast it comes back...I was...

and glad my "bluntness" wasn't taken the wrong way. Good luck in your goals.
  • tedioustrainingap
    tedioustrainingap Posts: 78 Member
    Options

I'll share too! I used to be a self defence instructor. I trained and taught daily, for may hours per day. I came down with M.E. My health deteriorated (over 7 years) to the point that I could not walk half a mile, two weeks ago.

On my first swim (a week ago), I could barely manage half a length. This week, I'm on 20 consecutively, plus a further hour or so of mixed strokes!

It's horrible, being out of condition when you're used to being conditioned but you've been there before and you can get back there :)