Gained 1.4lbs overnight on a 1000 deficit...and it's OKAY

Options
I've been eating a lot of salty food for two days, so I was unsurprised when my weight jumped overnight.

Will I eat less salty foods? NOOOOOOPE. lol. Not deliberately. Salt's not bad for most people. And I don't really care about the slight variations in water weight. Why would I stop eating yummy stuff just to avoid a little water?

Even if I didn't know WHY it happened (and take a look at my food diary--though I don't track sodium, you'll be able to see it pretty easily), it wouldn't matter. I've got a deficit. I'm going to lose the weight.

Replies

• glimmersilver
    glimmersilver Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    MamaBird, you know it's not about what happens day to day! You have to remember it's only the long-term trend that matters! We all inexplicable go up one morning - or down another. We can't think we're doing something wrong if one day we go up when we've been eating right, any more than we can think we can slack off if we overeat and weigh less the next day!

But it sounds like you kind of already know that!
  • charleykayesmom
    charleykayesmom Posts: 92 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Its a marathon not a sprint. Gaining a lb overnight could be due to lots of things. Weight flucuates so much day to day. Like Glimmersilver said...its the trend that matters....actually measuring yourself is the best way to track progress and forget the lbs! Its nice to know how many lbs you have lost, but seeing the inches drop is so important!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I think I'd go mad if I had to find the explanation as to why my weight fluctuates the way it does. I'll hold steady for a week - or longer - and then drop up to three pounds over the next two days. Then I'll hold steady again, go up a pound, hold steady, drop two pounds, hold steady, up .5, next day down 2 pounds. All the while I'm eating well and exercising. I have absolutely no idea how/why my body loses weight the way it does, and I've come to realize I'm probably never going to figure it out or control it. So I focus on what I CAN control. What I eat. How much I move. Drinking water. And...over the long run...the weight is coming off consistently. So it's all good :)