HCG?

Options
Hello! I'm suppose to try the HCG diet and I'm a little scared. Does anyone have any personal experience with it? The hardest part of this diet is the 500 calories a day. Any thoughts or advice?

Replies

• Hernandezedw
    Hernandezedw Posts: 284
    Options
    500 calories a day sounds like an unhealthy diet. I wouldn't be surprised if you find yourself extremely tired and feeling weak.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't recommend it. it's so hard to stick to and you will just gain the weight back once you resume normal eating!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    This is a hot topic on MFP, but I personally wouldnt do any "diet" i couldnt eat forever..
  • lesliefoste
    lesliefoste Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about this diet, but I do know that, in general, 500 calories a day is dangerously low. When you say "I'm supposed to", do you mean a doctor suggested it? I would be really hesistant about anything until 1200 calories per day.
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    My friend that I work with just finished 2 weeks doing it. She said the HCG completely diminished her appetite, so she only ate to GET those 500 calories.

Her friend did it at the same time, and when she went off of it, she didn't continue eating well - and gained the weight back within just a few weeks.
  • flabfighter31
    flabfighter31 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I have heard of this diet and after finding out you could only consume 500 cals i thought no way it not for me i know i only have to loose 35lbs but this is what dietians call and extreme low cal diet you should be very obese to use this diet as you are going to be nackard the dietian i spoke to said in the uk they dont recommend anything under 800cals unless life threating curcumstances, but if you think it is the only way you will lose weight i wish you the best of luck, and let us know how you get on would loved to know if all the hype is real

fiona
  • CjsWifey411
    CjsWifey411 Posts: 12
    Options
    I have a few friends that started using it and they lasted maybe a weak, all said they had no energy and felt weak... .. and 500 calories is not Healthy for anyone I don't think
  • deb1jim
    deb1jim Posts: 5
    Options
    I bumped into a doctor that prescribes HCG diet and he tried to sign me up. His wife did it and lost weight... It's like 6 weeks on 6 weeks off.... I can't even stick to 1200 calories so I decided not to set myself up for another failure.... Just counting calories will lose the weight!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I haven' tried it but they had an episode on Dr. Oz, or Doctors, about the effects of it. Consuming that few calories can have all sorts of negative affects on your body, especially on your metabolism and heart. You put your body into starvation mode and while you will most certainly lose weight while doing the diet, you will also most likely gain it back when you go back to eating normal. Utilize MFP and workout regularly and you will see changes, the healthy way. It's a slower process, but it allows your body to adjust to being a new weight and eating different foods.
  • sunshine__angel
    sunshine__angel Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am on the HCG diet, on Day 12. I have already lost 10.6 lbs. The drops are an appetite suppressant and to be honest, I am having trouble reaching the 500 calories as I am not hungry. If you would like to add me as a friend on here i can help you out. The diet is a little tough the first couple days but I look and feel better (the picture of my stomach in my profile is from 10 days!!!) and to be honest, thinking of all that food that made me look and feel that way, pretty much disgusts me now.

However you decide to lose the weight, good luck on your journey and again, feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • healthypika
    healthypika Posts: 68
    Options
    I have 7 days left on my first round of HCG (including 3 days VLCD with no drops). I have been happy with my progress so far. Here is a thread for people that are on it...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/242605-hcg-progress-updates-page-2-for-people-on-it-or-thinking-a
  • tieronedt
    tieronedt Posts: 1
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinions about the hcg diet and I feel that you need to choose whats best for you. If you follow protocol exactly you will lose a dramatic amount of weight and keep it off....but only if you follow all four phases and dont cheat.

I personally have done the diet (10lbs to lose) and did not feel weak or lethargic once in all 23 days of Phase 2 (the phase where you are on the hormone). Everyone's bodies are different though so each person may react differently to the diet.

My recommendations if you are interested in trying the diet:
    1. What I would recommend you read Dr.Simmons "Pounds and Inches" front to back AT LEAST 5 times so you understand the diet inside and out so you can make an informed decision and so you are 100% knowledgeable about the diet itself.

2. Do NOT google the hcg diet b/c you will hit scam websites and a lot of incorrect information.

3. Buy this book of receipes to help you through P2: Tammy Skye "The HCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook: Over 200 "Low Calorie" Recipes for the "HCG Phase"

4. Join this forum to help support you through the diet, learn about other peoples struggles and for great receipes! http://4hcgsuccess.com/forum

5. Purchase the hormone here: http://www.evitaminmarket.com/ (only $18-$24 as opposed to scam websites for $80!)

These are the resources I used and have had wonderful success. This diet isn't for everyone...but if you feel confident you can do it you will be successful. Just make sure this is what you want to do.