3 weeks in and already great progress.

Options
I was always the big girl. Even as a child,at a healthy weight, I was bullied and called fat. So I started eating my feelings. It went on all through highschool. After having 3 children, I topped out at 280. Being only 5'8 I knew it was bad, but I could never stick to any diet or gimmick I tried. Finally, I hit rock bottom: my 5 year old asked why mama was fat. It really opened my eyes. I have been on this app since, and in the 22 days since I started, I have lost 10lbs! I know it doesn't seem like much, but it has made a world of difference for me. I eat cleaner now, I'm more active, and yesterday, for the first time since I was a child, I had enough confidence to wear a short dress in public for the whole day. Im so happy with my progress and cant wait to surprise my husband when he comes home from military training.

10lbs down in two weeks, 80lbs to go. I can do this, you can do this!!! :-D

Replies

• Heydi79
    Heydi79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yay thanks for sharing!!! I have similar goals as you and have dropped 10 lb!!! Let's do this !
  • Busymissbridge
    Busymissbridge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've got a similar amount to lose... And being only 5'2, every pound shows! Lost 13 in my first month on here.
  • mom2pne
    mom2pne Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have 5 children and my youngest is also 5. I've been at this since May 10th and have lost 17 pounds. I stil have 136 pounds to get to my goal of 140.
  • trupii
    trupii Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    this is all so inspiring! i find myself having to restart my journey, and i need a community to keep me honest (and let's face it... i need accountability!) so glad you've had such awesome success so far!
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I am maintaining for sometime now but have lost over 80 pounds & it is a major self esteem boost. Wonderful accomplishment to you!! Keep doing it for you & your health but as a healthy example for your children as well. Your husband will be pleasantly surprised :) Remember this feeling to continue to fuel your fire to continue on a healthy lifestyle journey with small goals set along the way. This site is the best place to make it happen.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    michellesz wrote: »
    I am maintaining for sometime now but have lost over 80 pounds & it is a major self esteem boost. Wonderful accomplishment to you!! Keep doing it for you & your health but as a healthy example for your children as well. Your husband will be pleasantly surprised :)Remember this feeling to continue to fuel your fire to continue on a healthy lifestyle journey with small goals set along the way. This site is the best place to make it happen.

Congrats OP! And I 2nd the bold above. You are doing great, but realistically you will have days you aren't as up beat as you are now and that's perfectly normal. Print out your post above and read it every time you need a little boost! I'm sorry it has been such a long road for you to get to this point, but it will only get better from here!