favorite low calorie, low costs snacks?

Options
I'm getting bored with hummus and veggies/fruit and skinny pop. what are your favorite snacks? help me out!

Replies

• econabree
    econabree Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a huge craving for something "not diet-y" so I grabbed an apple and cut it up, took half the apple slices and smeared 1 tbsp of PB on them and cut up 2 squares of sea salt chocolate and put them on top. Then I happily ate the rest of the apple naked :)
  • donohoeshaunap
    donohoeshaunap Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    that sounds so good thank you!
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Do you like Jello? the sugar free ones are real low in calories and there are some good flavors out there. Cheap for a little box of make it yourself kind
  • jodibelle
    jodibelle Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Trail mix bars, string cheese, yogurt and a little granola are things I like.

Cinnamon sugar pita chips are my new thing at the moment. Not sure how healthy they really are lol - but it only takes a few to satisfy my sweet craving so I don't go crazy and eat the whole bag.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I like both the Babybell and Laughing Cow cheeses. The Laughing Cow wedges come the several flavors like garlic herb and chipotle. Can't remember how much they cost though.
  • MissAmyx
    MissAmyx Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I recently came across these "coconut chips" in my supermarket, theyre basically just a bag of crispy coconut flakes but oh god they're tasty! they taste just like a bounty bar except a bounty has nearly 300cals these are like 120 for the whole bag!!

I also like to have chocolate yoghurt in my fridge its good for when i have a craving and I buy the "kids" yoghurt so the tubs are quite small so the calories are pretty low.

I second having babybell and laughing cow cheese wedges they're so tasty and low cal too :)
  • cindyangotti
    cindyangotti Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    100 calories green smoothie. YUM
  • Erfw7471
    Erfw7471 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been eating a Johnsonville turkey w/cheese sausage (120 cals) with carrots and grape tomatoes. I also regularly make 2-3 oz turkey with light mayo, mustard, spinach, thin tomato slices on a Joseph's pita - that comes out less than 200 cals and pretty filling.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I am stuck on pita bread for snacks. I used to think eating a "white" bread product would just make my insulin spike and make me hungrier, but it hasn't happened. One pita, plain, is 130 calories (at least the kind I buy) and keeps me full for at least a couple of hours. Because of the carbs I especially like it as a snack 1-2 hours before exercise.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    MissAmyx wrote: »
    I recently came across these "coconut chips" in my supermarket, theyre basically just a bag of crispy coconut flakes but oh god they're tasty! they taste just like a bounty bar except a bounty has nearly 300cals these are like 120 for the whole bag!!

I also like to have chocolate yoghurt in my fridge its good for when i have a craving and I buy the "kids" yoghurt so the tubs are quite small so the calories are pretty low.

I second having babybell and laughing cow cheese wedges they're so tasty and low cal too :)

Second this. If you like coconut these are phenomenal!!!
  • Hypsibius
    Hypsibius Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm getting bored with hummus and veggies/fruit and skinny pop. what are your favorite snacks? help me out!

Good thread!
    • Pistachios in the shell
    • dark chocolate and peanuts
    • Avocado w/ lil' salt and pepper

And one thing I highly recommend:
    1. Cut Brussels Sprouts in half
    2. Put in a baking pan with some olive oil / bam-style seasoning
    3. Let the loose ends / flakes stay in the pan
    4. Cook at 375 degrees
    5. Pull out of oven and sprinkle feta cheese on top.

The "flakes" come out crispy and delicious. Great snack. Better than any chip :smile:

• mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »
    MissAmyx wrote: »

Second this. If you like coconut these are phenomenal!!!

Where in the grocery store can these be found? I love coconut but I have never seen this product...
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I got them at trader joes. I have also seen them at bigger grocery stores and even the fancy food sections of places like Tj Maxx and Marshalls

Try the "natural food" section
  • tdatsenko
    tdatsenko Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Watermelon
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    frozen blueberries, frozen grapes. They get so much sweeter once frozen and only need a couple. Nice cool treat in the summer.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I buy a big bag of raw almonds from Costco and divide them into 1 oz. portions. Super healthy, satisfying and relatively inexpensive (about $0.33/serving).
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    string cheese and fruit, teriyaki seaweed, yogurt, protein bars...Also, I love salmon jerky but it's pricy
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hypsibius wrote: »

Good thread!
    • Pistachios in the shell
    • dark chocolate and peanuts
    • Avocado w/ lil' salt and pepper

And one thing I highly recommend:
    1. Cut Brussels Sprouts in half
    2. Put in a baking pan with some olive oil / bam-style seasoning
    3. Let the loose ends / flakes stay in the pan
    4. Cook at 375 degrees
    5. Pull out of oven and sprinkle feta cheese on top.

The "flakes" come out crispy and delicious. Great snack. Better than any chip :smile:
    That sounds lovely, I'll have to try it :)

I love crab sticks, only 16 calories and taste yummy!