Options
2»

Replies

• NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    NancMoss wrote: »
    Im 177... I'm a bit overweight. However I do agree with you, 5lbs is extreme. I also agree with the 1 to 2 lbs per week. Ill share my frustration with you.

I used to train like no other. Lifted approximately 6x a week and I was able to run 6 to 8 miles. Now I struggle to run for 5 mint and l so struggle to curl 8 pounders... no bueno. But I guess I have to start building it up again..

you have motivated me.. you train hard and keep it healthy. Thank you for being real with me. Sometimes thats what we need.

I understand that frustration...I am ex military and was in top shape...

I am in better shape now...and healthier as I understand nutrition better now...

and yes you will have to start building it up again but you will be surprised at how fast it comes back...I was...

and glad my "bluntness" wasn't taken the wrong way. Good luck in your goals.

• cherylamason5
    cherylamason5 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    my goal for this week is to weigh in below 189 this week. I am continuing my raw food focus on salads, nuts fruits smoothies and some chicken. Working out a minimum of 5 days - 45 mins - cardio & weights... 4 litters of water per day! Let's do this!!
  • OffKilter5150
    OffKilter5150 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My goals are to make it to the gym 2X this week, and to roller derby practice 3X. Easy enough! I would like to drop 2 more pounds this week as well by staying very focused on my plan. BTW, I am doing a medically supervised weight loss program through my doctor.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I want to get to the 220 ishh :#
  • jtcanale530
    jtcanale530 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Stick to my 1000 kcal daily deficit and run at least 18 miles
  • NancMoss
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Im 177... I'm a bit overweight. However I do agree with you, 5lbs is extreme. I also agree with the 1 to 2 lbs per week. Ill share my frustration with you.

I used to train like no other. Lifted approximately 6x a week and I was able to run 6 to 8 miles. Now I struggle to run for 5 mint and l so struggle to curl 8 pounders... no bueno. But I guess I have to start building it up again..

you have motivated me.. you train hard and keep it healthy. Thank you for being real with me. Sometimes thats what we need.

I understand that frustration...I am ex military and was in top shape...

I am in better shape now...and healthier as I understand nutrition better now...

and yes you will have to start building it up again but you will be surprised at how fast it comes back...I was...

and glad my "bluntness" wasn't taken the wrong way. Good luck in your goals.

• NancMoss
    Options
    Thank you so much for serving our country. I cant be thankful enough. Im not military but my husband is in the navy active duty.

Im so thankful I decided to open up. I gives me that extra hope knowing that others have or had the same issue as me.

Because of you I pushed myself that extra mile. Literally I did. I was able to run 19mints. At 4.5mph not as fast as I uset to be 6.5 to 8.0 but ill get there.

• NancMoss
    Options

I'll share too! I used to be a self defence instructor. I trained and taught daily, for may hours per day. I came down with M.E. My health deteriorated (over 7 years) to the point that I could not walk half a mile, two weeks ago.

On my first swim (a week ago), I could barely manage half a length. This week, I'm on 20 consecutively, plus a further hour or so of mixed strokes!

It's horrible, being out of condition when you're used to being conditioned but you've been there before and you can get back there :)

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    My goal for the week is a simple one - make sure I get a 45 minute work out in EVERY day, no excuses. Whether it be at home or in the gym. Between a full-time job and being a full-time student this is hard some weeks.