Help, I have fallen and I can't get up!

Options
88002.png

Once again, the winter blahs have hit. About the first of November, I begin storing up fat for the winter, just like a big bear. It is so discouraging. I know that there are others out there that have experienced the joys of success and the feelings of shame and disgust that come with failure. Just a few months ago, I was doing so well- felt great physically and emotionally. I can't understand why I let myself fall back into old and bad habits. The last two days i have started walking again and recording food on my food log. I even did something I said I'd never do- I posted "before" pictures on my profile- just to remind me of how I far I have come and where I DO NOT want to go again. If there are others that are experiencing the same emotions I am right now, I could sure use some encourgement. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great New Year of healthy living! Beth S

Replies

• bethskiles
    Options
    88002.png

Once again, the winter blahs have hit. About the first of November, I begin storing up fat for the winter, just like a big bear. It is so discouraging. I know that there are others out there that have experienced the joys of success and the feelings of shame and disgust that come with failure. Just a few months ago, I was doing so well- felt great physically and emotionally. I can't understand why I let myself fall back into old and bad habits. The last two days i have started walking again and recording food on my food log. I even did something I said I'd never do- I posted "before" pictures on my profile- just to remind me of how I far I have come and where I DO NOT want to go again. If there are others that are experiencing the same emotions I am right now, I could sure use some encourgement. Thanks and I hope everyone has a great New Year of healthy living! Beth S
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I just checked out your pics and you look amazing Beth!!:drinker: Go look at them again yourself with open eyes...and you will surely find all the encouragement you need sweetie!:flowerforyou:
    ~Roni
  • evanryn
    evanryn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Keep up with the positive thoughts! Being positive can work wonders. You've come a long way to give up now, and you've already diagnosed your feelings. Bash those winter blahs and you'll be looking awesome come spring! :smile: Good luck to you and a blessed New Year!
  • MargaretA
    Options
    i know what you mean. i have been off my diet for over a month now and i am afraid to weigh. but i will tomorrow.i will have to start all over. i started out at 210 and went to 189 but i've gained a lot back i'm afraid i will be back on tomorrow' good luck margaret from brandenburg
  • LifeChanges42
    LifeChanges42 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Bethskiles,
    Look at my profile. What happened to me is really scary. I think about what could have happened and it is all because of being overweight. I may not be as heavy as some people, but evidently my body doesn't want to be overweight and it doesn't want me cramming a bunch of fat and cholesterol into it.
    I have lost 10 pounds so far but my doctor says I need to loose 50 more. She wants it gone by July/August when I have my next physical.
    I am hoping if I can do it that the doc will take me off of some of the medications I am on.
    I have three children to stick around for.
    The holiday's have been very discouraging for me. I try to be proud of what I have done so far, but when I tell people about it and how much farther I have to go... they tell me "Oh, there won't be anything left of you." I would place a bet out there that I would only get down to a 5/6 or 7/8 pant size. I carry my weight in easy to hide places. So they really have no idea.
    I tend to hibernate in the winter too. I am making a real effort to go to the gym. I even have a friend that goes with me to motivate me. If I say I am too tired, she says "get off your butt and lets go. You'll feel better if you do." It is so true.

Good luck and think positive.