Favorite desserts

Options
sthoms2
sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
I really like to have a treat once in a while (okay...pretty much daily). Sometimes I will save calories for something like a Klondike bar but that isn't easy to do every day. I found Outshine yogurt bars at the store. 90 calories and 5 grams of protein. I can easily eat one of those every day. What are some of your favorite desserts that aren't super high calorie?

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow anything
    I found some sugar free fudge bars for 40 calories I keep on hand when I need something sweet but am close to the edge.
    Chocolate milk is always a winner in my book (skim milk and ovaltine)
    You could also get some walden farms calorie free chocolate syrup to mix in milk or top...something. I've not tried it so I can't say if it's really good or not.
  • engakwasdky
    engakwasdky Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree, Skinny Cow is where it's at - both the ice cream and the candy bars! I've also found two things I like to eat that aren't too high in calories and satisfy cravings. One is the banana and oat cookies, where you mash one banana, add 1/2 cup oats, and any add-ins such as dried fruit or chocolate chips. Then you scoop out on a cookie sheet and bake. The other treat I recently found is ricotta cheese mixed with cocoa powder and drizzled with honey or maple syrup. I like to add strawberries or raspberries to this as well - super good for you as the ricotta has protein and the cocoa powder doesn't pack in calories - but you still get a rich, chocolatey dessert!
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have sweet fruit. Especially watermelon and pineapple ( not at the same time!). They are pretty low-cal, especially for fruit, sweet and filling.
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    love skinny cow icecream sandwiches. I will check out the Outshine yogurt bars.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    low fat ice cream or yogurt frozen bars/sandwiches
    fat free greek yogurt mixed with fruit
    fried apples mixed with a little toasted oats and maple syrup
    sweetened nuts - cocoa roast, cinnamon or butter toffee
    fat free chocolote pudding
    fun size candy bars
    a few squares of dark chocolate
  • Bizurke51
    Bizurke51 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Breyers Blasts, 120-140 per 1/2 cup
    Fairlife Chocolate Milk - 140 per cup, 13 grams of protein
    these good humor ice cream cookie sandwiches, mhmm now i kind of want one..
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Frozen Noosa yogurt

Magnum chocolate infinity bars
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Purple Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches and Mini Swirl- 160 and 130 cals

Snack pak puddings- 90-60 cals

• ashleypetrie4
    ashleypetrie4 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Full-fat Greek yogurt with strawberries is my favorite, 125 calories for 1/2 cup of each:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    popcorn, stonyfield frozen yogurt, greek yogurt with pb2
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. frozen yoghurt. Jello.
  • Muzzoozal
    Muzzoozal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    smoothie - 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup ice, 1 banana, 2 tablespoons cocoa, stevia to taste. 113 calories
  • guess_whox
    guess_whox Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, mango or watermelon, laughing cow cheese, low fat hot chocolate
  • sthoms2
    sthoms2 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thanks! Has anyone tried the black bean brownies? I wonder how those are.