anyone with a ED trying to stay healthy?

Options
anyone that has suffered from an eating disorder trying to be healthy this time around? Looking for general support here and share your story if you're comfortable! Only love here!

Replies

• arhewitt661
    arhewitt661 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes, I struggled with disordered eating starting around age 14 (I'm 21 now). I've really come a long way in the past year or so, but I did gain about 30 pounds in that process. I'm trying to lose about 10 pounds. Funnily, at this weight I feel sexier and skinnier than I EVER did when I was a lot smaller (and in a very unhealthy mindset). I used to lose weight by eating around 500-800 calories a day and working out twice a day. Now, I'm eating a healthy amount and lifting heavy weights instead of spending hours on the cardio machines. It's really hard sometimes though, when I see how slow the process is it makes me want to give up. But I know if I heavily restrict calories I'll just end up binging and hating myself later. It is a learning experience for sure.
  • mountiesgirl
    mountiesgirl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm currently in recovery from and ED and always looking for support
  • themonstermash
    themonstermash Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I acrually am still currwntly bulimic but working at recovery every day. There was a period after a lot of CBT & psychiatrists & meds i was clean for about 8 months, but that fwll apart earlier this spring. I'm trying again, doing all the things i did before that helped. Planning out adequate calories, considering my triggers, and also acceptance of failures.
  • VanillaGorilla808
    VanillaGorilla808 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Recovered bulimic I finally was able to stop by convincing myself that eating food was helping me with my gym goals.
  • atj110
    atj110 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Same here. I just joined yesterday and I posted an intro about it :smile: but I'm trying to recover (again) and I could definitely use support.