Crystal light

Options
does it count as water intake? what about splenda.. I have heard that I'm better off having regular sugar than that not sure though.. what are your thoughts on it?

Replies

• shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Yes. All forms of liquid "count" as water intake. Heck, the water in vegetetables, fruit, pasta, etc. count as water intake. It makes no difference to your body. Some liquids (that contain caffeine, for instance) are diuretics and will cause you to pee more. Therefore, you might need more water to make up for that.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm counting it as water. But I am limiting how much Crystal light I drink also. I'll allow myself only one a day and only a few times a week.
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    ok thank you guys, was gonna log how much water I've had but was wondering if it had to be pure water or if the CL counted as well.
    Thanks again
  • kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I only log plain water as water. You can't count the water in fruits and vegetables. That's like saying if you eat more vegetables you don't have to drink as much water.
    Too much Crystal Light (or anything with artificial sweetener) can give you a headache after a while. It did with me anyways.
  • LyssaMarie13
    Options
    No it does not count. People think it does and say it does, but let's be honest people it's not water! It has sugar and other stuff in it! That's like saying you can count juice and diet soda, because it has water in it. You need just plain water. If you don't like just plain old water, because sometimes it does get old. Try adding different fruits and herbs to it. Such as... Limes, lemons, oranges, mint, and those types of things! Not trying to be mean and tell people they're wrong. Just trying to help and teach others what I have learned from trainers and nutrition classes.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283

Notice how that article says water "or other beverages" and says that 20% of peoples water intake is through food?
  • Plarmore
    Plarmore Posts: 17
    Options
    Sorry folks - but there is NO substitute for plain water. There is water in coffee, tea, crystal light, etc, but you body must use that water to dilute the added chemicals and is not absorbed into the blood stream. However, water intake from certain fruits and vegetables does count (watermelon, cucumber, etc).

Read this for some very excellent info on water and why water only!!!

http://www.experiencelifemag.com/issues/june-2010/health-wellness/drink-to-your-health.html