Clean

Options
think48
think48 Posts: 366 Member
I see so many posts about eating "clean." Everyone has their own perception of what is "clean." Some say, it's no fast food/boxed food/frozen food kind of stuff. Some say it is eating things as they are in nature, etc. I'm just curious. What are your opinions on what clean eating is? NOT whether you should or shouldn't do it, just WHAT it is. :smile:

Replies

• thegoodner
    thegoodner Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    for me, it is eating food as it is found in it's natural state...nothing processed, genetically altered, or kept/prepared differently than it would occur naturally.
  • chill0315
    chill0315 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There is actually a book out called Clean Eating. Eating Clean is all natural, no preservative, fresh and organic. I have been doing this almost 2 yrs and I have lost 70lbs in doing so and cannot tell you how much more energy I have along with sleeping better etc. Hope this helps.
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Eating clean to me, means eating something that is not processed. I don't consider rolled oats processed and it comes in a box. Frozen veggies are not processed, just frozen, unless they have sauce, then they are processed.
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    For me, I'd say no processed food for the most part...or eating mainly fruits, veggies & healthy foods. But gosh darn it, it's hard!!! So I'm going 90-95% clean :)
  • siocled
    siocled Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would say 'clean' means just eating healthily and cutting out treats and processed foods from your diet.
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    bUMO :)
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAH BUMP!
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    ... and I always thought it meant taking a shower before dinner! Learn something new everyday! :drinker:
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I started eating clean in increments. First I did away with all processed/packaged food except digiorno flatbread pizza (I’s so delicious). I little while after that I ditched the pizza and also switched to all organic fruits and veggies. Then switched to all naturally fed and processed meats and wild fish, whole milk and organic eggs. Now I am in the process of drastically reducing my starch, grain and flour intake and getting almost all of my carbs from fruits, veggies and dairy and keeping starchy carbs to post-workout meals only.

That is clean eating to me.
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    For me, it means eating food without any artificial additives/preservatives/colors, etc. A bag of frozen peas should only say "peas" on it. My butter should only say "sweet cream". As soon as there are a list of things I can't pronounce, that is not clean, and it goes back on the shelf.

I buy organic as much as I can (it is pricey, esp. the meat/dairy), and try to stick to things the way it's found in nature. That to me, is clean.