Breakfast Help!

I need help figuring out what to eat for breakfast during my work week. I have a long commute that starts early in the morning. looking for a quick or prepped breakfast that I can eat while I'm on the train. Any ideas???

Replies

• shrinkingletters
    shrinkingletters Posts: 1,008 Member
    I've heard a lot of good things about overnight oats (there are recipes all over the web), but I haven't personally tried them.

You can take little wraps with deli meat and cheese, anything portable or not quickly perishable.
  • Kelly_lizz
    Kelly_lizz Posts: 5 Member
    My favorite go to breakfasts that I need for a quick and healthy breakfasts are overnight oats(you prep it the night before and put it in the fridge and it's done in the morning!), boiled eggs and an apple or banana, protein bars in yogurt, and some kind of fruit and nut butter, like banana and peanut butter or Apple and almond butter! Hope this helps!
  • spatulamom
    spatulamom Posts: 158 Member
    I have overnight oats almost every day and they are so good! I take 1/2 cup of old-fashioned or Irish oats (not the quick cooking kind), mix with equal amount of liquid (I use unsweetened almond milk, which is only 40 calories a cup), and then I add in flavors - my current favorites are chocolate chips (1 tbsn), pure maple syrup (1/2 tablespoon) and 1 tsp of natural peanut butter. I mix it all in a jar with a lid (I use my Magic Bullet cups mostly) and put it in the fridge overnight. In the morning, you can warm it up or eat it cold (I love it cold, honestly).

It's filling and yummy. If you Google, there are tons of recipes out there with different combinations!
  • sportyrealtor
    sportyrealtor Posts: 3 Member
    I boil eggs for the week. Every morning I grab 2 eggs and a rice cracker and go. If in have time I put PB on the cracker
  • holly55555
    holly55555 Posts: 306 Member
    I love high protein, frozen meals that you can just pop in the microwave. Jimmy Dean's Delite brand are really good - the have like egg sandwiches, breakfast bowls, sausage, etc. and it takes like 90 seconds to heat up and you're good to go! They average about 200-300 calories.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Eating on the train is quite complicated, as most breakfast items have a distinct odor, especially boiled eggs or couple of bananas or even overnight oatmeal (which I LOVE!). How about a protein shake? It's not obtrusive to other passengers, and you can keep it in a small cooler until you are ready to drink it.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Tortilla with eggs and meat in it.
  • pigbox
    pigbox Posts: 9 Member
    Smoothie with greek yogurt, oats, banana, frozen berries, peanut butter, milk. Takes 3 mins - just have to clean the blender when you get home :)
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    I would go for a protein shake or hard boiled eggs and fruit.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    English muffin with peanut butter.
  • MaggieC1010
    MaggieC1010 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you everyone for the breakfast ideas!
    I've tried overnight oats...not for me, but wish they, it's so easy!
    Boiled eggs and fruit, smoothies/protein shake and protein bars will be the first ones I'll try!