Support and motivational friends for losing 100 lbs

Options
Hi I am Kristy. I just started my journey to losing 100 lbs. I would love to hear about yours as well as any tips you would like to share. I know its a long road but it will be one step at a time.

Replies

• Smallerjojo2015
    Smallerjojo2015 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I do 7lbs at a time as 100+ lbs is just too much to think about
    I am on day 161 ( I weigh in again tomorrow)
    I have lost 61 lbs so far
    Take it one day at a time if you mess up don't give up just start again
    Log all you eat and drink it is the biggest key to losing weight
  • Busymissbridge
    Busymissbridge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started my journey to lose 100lbs about a month ago. I've lost 13lbs so far by generally eating much healthier, drinking (a lot) less alcohol and exercising.
  • Busymissbridge
    Busymissbridge Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It's an exciting journey. In 6 months we will be so pleased we started.
  • pitapocket4
    pitapocket4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i am on the same journey. I am 36, mother of 2, and have been heavy my entire life. I am down about 30# but still need to loose 100#. Can I add you guys as friends?
  • janem_says
    janem_says Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. 39, mom of 2, and about 100 lbs to lose. Feel free to add me!
  • britzen
    britzen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale, but the way my clothes fit, I have a solid 100 to lose, but getting below 200 is my immediate goal. Feel free to add as well.
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I've lost 140 lbs and now maintain if you'd like to add me.
  • brandlefly
    brandlefly Posts: 24 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    For me, I do 10 pounds at a time to lose because seeing 40 in there is too much to deal with all at once. It makes life so much easier and so much less self defeating. I am happy to help you whenever you need it :smile:

I would also say to you; please use your food diary religiously. You cannot correct a behavior if you do not know what is happening. Be brutally honest in the food diary even on days when things did not go well. It's a reminder later on when you go back to see where you came from so you are less likely to repeat it.

Plan ahead! I cook each Sunday to make sure all my meals and snacks are ready. If it is there, you will go for what's ready instead of wanting to cook something. If it's not, you are going to be struggling a lot.

Make sure to get all of your water in each day. It is extremely important to keep hydrated as dehydration is often confused as hunger. Here is a great primer on calculating how much water you actually need based on weight: http://www.slenderkitchen.com/how-to-calculate-how-much-water-you-should-drink-a-day/

Lastly, if you get hungry, drink a glass of water and have a small snack like fruit. Wait 20 minutes for it to register that you are OK before you grab something else.

• BIGLeagueQ
    BIGLeagueQ Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose over 100lbs myself. At the very least, I want to get below 300. I was 430 at the end of March, and the first 60 came off pretty fast. I have/had terrible eating habits, so just a few simple tweaks to my diet made that happen. i.e. cutting down on cokes, not eating after 8PM, and making myself eat breakfast. I plateaued, and a few friends told me about MFP...So here I am.

I wish y'all the best in your journeys, and feel free to add me. :)
  • ccassityii
    ccassityii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am on day 8 but i got 150 just about to lose one day at a time
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!

I'm 29 and started my journey at 279 lbs. My overall goal is losing 125 lbs, and I'm 55lbs down so far...

All of this is absolutely possible!! We can DO this!! <3
  • decotterell
    decotterell Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have lost 61. Actually 21 pounds under my original goal of 180. Log all you eat. I exercise and don't eat the additional allotted calories, but you can if you want. Most of all, know that it works and all you have to do is not quit. My son started MFP in September 2014 at 372 pounds. He weighed in 2 days ago at 265. 107 pounds lost, and he wants to lose another 65. Never give up.
  • yorkshiregoal
    yorkshiregoal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    kitsch01 wrote: »
    It's an exciting journey. In 6 months we will be so pleased we started.

@kitsch01, you are so right!!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started at 283 and lost until 252 now I am back at 260. I would like to lose at least 100 pounds. I am starting over and trying to motivate myself. Add me if you want.
  • amandaoliverio257
    amandaoliverio257 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'd like to lose 130 lbs overall, but I'm trying to mentally break it down month by month so I stay encouraged and don't get overwhelmed. I am 32 and have been overweight most of my life so I am now ready to make lasting changes. Any of you feel free to add me and let's lift up one another! :)
  • jenngin30
    jenngin30 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am down 38 lbs and have another 60 plus to go I started my weight loss in march, but only started really using MFP the last 2 weeks...feel free to add me looking for motivation and ideas always! thanks
  • thedeeluckey
    thedeeluckey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my 2nd go around with myfitnesspal. I kind of fell off a few months ago. I'm 24 and at 280. I'm hoping to loose more than 100. If I can at least get there, that would be awesome! Can I add people for motivation?
  • NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My journey is to lose 60lbs...

• kristyb1976
    kristyb1976 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow so many wonderful people on here. I am glad to be in a place I feel not only I belong but with so much support. Thank you all so much.
  • ALovelyChange
    ALovelyChange Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 150lbs, anyone is welcome to add me :) I log every day and update my feed regularly.