Com here sweet thang!

Options
IcyDiva
IcyDiva Posts: 7 Member
You I have cravings for carbs, especially sweets. Any suggestions on how to curve these cravings? Thank you!

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid carbs... or anything that I crave for that matter. I do incorporate a serving or two of what I want to eat into my daily calories. If I want chocolate, I'll have some... I'll include it as part of day. The best thing that has worked for me is to pre-log what I'm going to eat for the day. That way I won't have to worry that I used up all my calories and I won't have space for a piece of cake or something. :flowerforyou:
  • M30834134
    M30834134 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Eat what you crave, just in moderation. Dont exclude foods that you like from your diet, it'll never work - plan them into your meals.
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    MasterVal wrote: »
    Eat what you crave, just in moderation. Dont exclude foods that you like from your diet, it'll never work - plan them into your meals.

^^^This. If you eliminate foods that you love, it will eventually lead to your downfall. Learning how to eat SOME of it instead of ALL of it, will open your life up to an amazing level. It will take time and you will have a few stumbles along the way. Those are part of life. Enjoy the food. Log the food. Then move forward. Good luck
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    Eat grapes, apple, or suck on frozen mango chunks.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Work them in. Don't keep them in the house if moderation is hard, or buy a single serving. Moderation gets easier over time, but exclusion seems to result in binging for me.
  • hobbeskastiel
    hobbeskastiel Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Watermelon and cantaloupe are in season right now. Delicious.
  • IcyDiva
    Options
    I love both, thank you for the response
  • GammieJoy
    GammieJoy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in a long time but thought I'd chime in, the only thing that really works for me is to not have it in the house. I am a sweet addict, if it's in the house it haunts me!! I find that I do much better not having it in the house so that when I am craving something I have time to think about it, do I want it bad enough to get in the car and drive down the street to get it? If the answer is yes, I drive to the store and get one candy bar or one ice cream bar.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Moderation.
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Work them in!

I'm working on slashing the calories in my crepes recipe. LOL. I LIKKKKKKKKKE crepes. I need "lite" crepes, though, with 1200 calories per day.
  • IcyDiva
    Options
    It seems my palate and appetite are starting to change. I have stopped drinking coffee and staying away from a lot of bread etc. Thank you for your posts, all of your suggestions are great