What is the best meal for breakfast for weight loss

Options
What is the best meal for breakfast for weight loss and or maintaining proper weight.

Replies

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Whatever fits into your calories for the day. There is no specific food that will help you lose or maintain weight better than another. It's calories in vs. calories out.
  • Saryia
    Saryia Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    There's no "one meal" but anything with a significant amount of protein keeps me going all morning. Protein shakes are good when you're on the go.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You misunderstand how weight loss works. Being at a consistent calorific deficit causes weight loss and not the type of food or when you eat it. I'm a big fan of oats for nutrition and saitiety reasons.
  • Toadfitness
    Toadfitness Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your input
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    There is no one food or meal that is "the best for weight loss". Fill in your diary/plan with foods you like that help you meet your goals (calorie, macros, micros).
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Whatever you like eating in the morning.

*no giggity
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Whatever you are in the mood for. . . or nothing at all. I usually eat a microwaved apple with cinnamon and nutmeg with some granola poured on plus two slices of bacon. And definitely coffee.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Whatever you learned how to make yourself in 7th grade, as long as it fits into your calorie deficit.
  • Toadfitness
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thank you for sharing
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My latest favorite is farina, I add a little cheese like you would to polenta or grits. A good amount of protein... 0nly about 200 cal. and it keeps me full for ages
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else said, it's all about the calories, not necessarily the type of food. I do like oatmeal or Greek yogurt though. They help with feeling fuller, and the yogurt has decent protein in it. And of course protein shakes are good for convenience and, well, protein. :) Scrambled eggs with added egg whites is also good for a high protein morning meal. I think what you're really looking for is the best foods for energy in the morning. Of course coffee/espresso always helps that along.
  • Toadfitness
    Options
    Yeah I probably should've worded it different but I'm new to this blog thing but I do appreciate all the comments. I really just want to know what kinds of different foods people are eating and why they choose to eat those certain foods in the morning
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah I probably should've worded it different but I'm new to this blog thing but I do appreciate all the comments. I really just want to know what kinds of different foods people are eating and why they choose to eat those certain foods in the morning

Ah. Okay. I choose low calorie/high protein. Just a Quest bar. I need to fit in a certain amount of protein every day, plus it keeps me full, plus I don't like to waste a lot of calories in the morning when I'm on the run and can't sit down to enjoy my food.
  • Superwitty34
    Superwitty34 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I try to focus on getting lots of fibre and protein. I like egg white omelets and All-Bran cereal with almond milk.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    What is the best meal for breakfast for weight loss and or maintaining proper weight.

Water.

Skip the meal entirely, go to an 8 hour eating window.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Proteins, carbs, and fats! Try for something nutritious, I go for green smoothie, with whey isolate (soon to be concentrate for added benefits), almond milk, 2 cups kale or spinach, 1 cup blueberries or strawberries, some healthy fats(natural peanut or almond butter), and generally flax, hemp, or chia seeds. For some extra fats and nutrients. And also cocoa powder for those antioxidants and minerals. Choose something that what will give you what you needs to make it through the day. And something that won't break your calorie deficit first thing, which is all you need to lose weight, but being legitimately healthy is so much better
  • NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »
    Proteins, carbs, and fats! Try for something nutritious, I go for green smoothie, with whey isolate (soon to be concentrate for added benefits), almond milk, 2 cups kale or spinach, 1 cup blueberries or strawberries, some healthy fats(natural peanut or almond butter), and generally flax, hemp, or chia seeds. For some extra fats and nutrients. And also cocoa powder for those antioxidants and minerals. Choose something that what will give you what you needs to make it through the day. And something that won't break your calorie deficit first thing, which is all you need to lose weight, but being legitimately healthy is so much better

• NancMoss
    NancMoss Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    this is by far the most helpful suggestion. Thank you have help me as well.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    jessef593 wrote: »

Agreed! Pack your meal with nutrient dense foods....
  • selwynarangirangi
    selwynarangirangi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Purchase a Nuturi Ninja or bullet they are great! And I mean great!!! I am on a 1500 calories daily. Most mornings I just whip up a shake and omg it's sooooo easy!! This was mine this morning however I vary it so it doesn't get boring........

100g mixed Berries frozen (Coles)
    2 Tbs Chi Seeds
    1/2 Bannana
    1/4 cup frozen spinach
    1 whole carrot
    1/4 Raw beetroot
    1/2 cup Almond Milk

Add a tsp pf honey for a bit of sweetner if needed. My friend this is thick, creamy, delicious, healthy and filling!!! You won't regret it a must try!!!! o:)