Your favorite low calorie breakfast food?

Options
Hi! I'm new!

And I must say breakfast is a MUST for me.
I love everything about pancakes and eggs and toast.. but that of course is not very healthy.

so I was wondering if you could tell me your favorite low calorie breakfast!

Replies

• Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Plain oatmeal mixed with 1/2 cup of fresh fruit and peanut butter.
    4 egg whites with veggies in them.
  • linneyo
    linneyo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i've been perfecting the egg white omlete (3 egg whites).. a spray of olive oil; (in separate pan i saute my mushrooms, onions, and spinach) .. and then add to my egg whites (and it's done).. fast easy and filling . (and .. 185 calories).. and it keeps me full for a good part of my morning! :)
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggs- cooked anyway. Poached is really good... and so are omelets! I usually add spinach, mushrooms and turkey bacon/sausage to my omelletes to add some flavor... and toast isn't bad if you get the right bread! Healthy Life has a 35 calorie white or wheat bread that I use with some sugar-free jam.
    I also love OatFit oatmeal... its super filling and some flavors are as low as 100 calories!
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Honey Kix are Great and serving size is alot compared to most cereals and only 110 calories!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    eggs are actually very healthy :) I eat them several times a week! Good luck to you!
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    weetabix with a spoon of sugar and chocolate powder or jelly
  • darsh11
    darsh11 Posts: 98
    Options
    I make a 3 egg white scramble with 1/4 cup of black beans, scalions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a tablespoon of Taco Sauce.

It is very filling and has about 200 calories
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Breakfast pizza made on a low calorie pita, scrambled egg whites, and reduced fat mexican cheese, and any veggies you want!

Normal breakfast is usually cereal with a banana and unsweetened almond milk.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Well, I would make sure your eating plently of protein for breakfast because it will fill you up with less calories and keep you full longer. I would concentrate more on what is in the calories than how many there are. For example, most cereals, pancakes and the like are full of sugar and empty carbs so you will be hungry and fast....

I like egg beaters with veggies and a sprinkle of cheese, or veggie bacon on an english muffin, vitamuffins are also a decent option. I always have a protein shake with fruit mixed in, as well (I always work out in the morning, though).
  • chaylajean
    chaylajean Posts: 26
    Options
    I really like the jimmy dean delight breakfast sandwiches, the canadian bacon ones are my favorite and they are made with egg whites. You would think a microwaved breakfast sandwich would be kinda bad, but I find them delicious! I eat them often for breakfast. Also, I would suggest scrambled egg whites instead of the whole egg, much less cals. whole wheat pancakes are better than normal ones. Thats what I suggest! hope this may help
  • mgriffin51
    mgriffin51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love using fruit with any breakfast food as it is tasty, healthy and packed with nutrients your body needs. My favorite healthy breakfast food is oatmeal. The best part of eating oatmeal is you can add variety by changing up the types of nuts and fruits you add to it, so it doesn't get boring as fast as eating the exact same thing every morning!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I often will have

1 c. sliced fresh strawberries (or 1/2 cup and 1/2 cup of black berries) (53 calories; slightly more if you do the half and half berries)
    1 Ole Xtreme wellness high fiber tortilla (71 calories)
    1/4 c. egg beaters-I like the garden vegetable one (30 calories)
    2 egg whites only-mixed with the beaters (34 calories)

I scramble the egg whites and beaters together, put in the tortilla, and have alongside the berries. Less than 200 calories, but quite satisfying and full of protein.
  • mhagoaliemom
    mhagoaliemom Posts: 110
    Options
    Scrambles egg whites, fresh spinach & fat-free cheddar wrapped in a 100 calorie tortilla :bigsmile:
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Eggs all the way! My favorite is two whites and one full egg scrambled with a little ham and some cheese on top... delicious! Or hardboiled for on the go!
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    Four egg whites, half cup original oatmeal, bananna....put it all in a large glass and mix well.....add 1.5 cups of water and mix well again. In two minutes you have a breakfast shake to go. Thats my favorite breakfast. :)
  • louisvillelady
    louisvillelady Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Dont give up your favorites . I eat eggs (not fried ) Turkey sausage and toast (healthy life 35 calorie ) with the I cant believe its not butter spray . As for pancakes( I dont like pancakes) there is a whole wheat mix and they also make sugar free syrup .
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    bump.
    I am sick of my breakfasts and these all sound great!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Kirkland Signature (Costco) Real Egg Product.

It's similar to Egg Beaters -- basically egg whites -- but with some natural yellow color added. Comes in a carton, like beaten eggs. Makes great omelets with spinach, a little cheese, salsa, mushrooms, low sodium turkey bacon, whatever. It's cheaper in the Costco box of 8 cartons, than at the Walmart or other grocery store. Check out the nutrition:

Serving Size: 1/4 cup (equal to one egg)

Calories 30
    Total Fat 0 g
    Saturated 0 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g
    Trans 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Sodium 120 mg
    Potassium 0 mg
    Total Carbs 1 g
    Dietary Fiber 0 g
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 6 g
    Vitamin A 15%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 2%
    Iron 6%

Only 30 cals, 0 fat, 1g carb and 6 grams of protein! I usually make 2-3 servings.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    oatmeal

or

this morning I enjoyed scrambled eggs, turkey sausage and cantaloupe

It really depends on how you prepare the food and the amount you eat. Moderation is the key.
  • Edwardkd
    Edwardkd Posts: 1
    Options
    I have also been perfecting my egg white omelet sandwich. On the weekend, we make a spinach, egg white, goat cheese, mushroom and onion omelet. I make extra mushrooms, onions and spinach. After breakfast on Sunday, I prepare small bagel sized omelets with the cooked, mushrooms, onions and spinach, drop about .75 ounces of goat cheese on it and wrap it in foil, throw it in the fridge.

On the buzy weekday morning, I toast a Bagel Thin (about 100 calories), heat the omelet in the microwave and I'm out the door with my breakfast sandwich for about 250 calories. If I'm feeling crazy, maybe a slice or two of Ham or Turkey. Been very filling and I am now a HUGE fan of goat cheese.