Motivators?!

Options
Hey y'all
So. I have a lot of problems with staying focused and sticking to "the plan" with working out and eating right. So I'm coming to all of you.
Share with me and others struggling.

What do you guys do or use to keep motivated????

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My daughter; I want to be around for her as long as possible! (plus she's a great weight loss tool between stealing my food and then making me chase after her)
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Being able to reach down to clip my toenails. Being able to cross my legs. Being able to fit into clothes which didn't fit for over five years. Being able to see myself in the mirror and smile instead of cringe. Being able to live longer. Loving it whenever I lose yet another pound or two instead of giving up and binging when I gain a pound or two. Need more?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    But you're only 23, sigh.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    There's beautiful country all around me. Being able to hike 5-6 miles and enjoy the scenery without suffering for it is a wonderful thing.
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    With all the health problems around today and some caused by being overweight. Trying to stay healthy without taking a bunch of pharmaceutical drugs is my main motivation. The second is to live as long as possible without outside assistance, doctors, and hospitals.
    My neighbor, just spent a week in the hospital getting his arteries opened back up. Another neighbor was just in the hospital with 400+ blood glucose. They are both overweight.
  • mstuck08
    mstuck08 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What about a fitness group?
  • Simply_Yulz
    Simply_Yulz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    But you're only 23, sigh.

That's the sad part :(
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I like being strong and able to ride my bike 40 miles. Okay, plus I like looking hot!
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Not going to be a frumpy old lady for one more year. Getting ready for a rocking, rolling good time.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I'm just tired of being fat. I was skinny up until I was almost 30 years old and then due to *$@# happening let myself go. Well, I've had enough. I still think of myself as a skinny active person so I'm gonna go get that body back.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all
    So. I have a lot of problems with staying focused and sticking to "the plan" with working out and eating right. So I'm coming to all of you.
    Share with me and others struggling.

What do you guys do or use to keep motivated????

My health. So much of my health requires me to exercise every day, and eat the right things. Options are not really on the list, so I just keep telling myself to do it.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Health is #1.

Vanity is #2.

But it's really close. Like 51/49.
  • ChuckeeCheezit
    ChuckeeCheezit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Health is #1.

Vanity is #2.

HA! so true. they actually go together. when you are healthy, you look good.

i actually am a bit addicted to weight loss. this is the lightest, and healthiest i've ever looked/felt so just seeing progress motivates me more.

i thought i was going to stop at 160lbs, but i wasnt satisfied so i lost 5 more pounds, still cant see my six pack so im going to lose another 5.
  • melachey
    melachey Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My FitBit!
  • mjohansen808
    mjohansen808 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Everytime I feel that 'burn' when working out, I think "This is what getting in shape feels like."
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I want to be able to do *kitten*. Best work videos of people who are able to do *kitten*. Climbers for example. Or free running/parkour people. Also fitblrs, if they don't contain too many bodies but rather motivational quotes and pictures of healthy food. Also when having lost weight feeling great in my clothes.

The whole feeling of getting/being in shape and eating well is different for me. Much more positive. I feel more alive. I stop wasting time and get closer to my goals. Plus the endorphine high from workouts :) Focusing too much on my body and the weight loss only frustrates me though.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Some awesome answers here that definitely resonate with me.

Long term, I focus on things like being happy with what I see in the mirror. I want to be able to get dressed and leave the house without changing outfits 400 times to find something where my appearance doesn't make me want to burst into tears. I follow shops I'd like to buy from instagram. I also follow accounts there that promote a healthy lifestyle (if you have/get insta, follow me and let me know it's you. I am health_overhaul_journey)

Short term, I like to have milestones in the calendar. I like to have a fun run in their to work towards. I have the NikeRunning app (I put it on when I go for a powerwalk too) and like to see the miles rack up and my "Colour" change - I'm at green now meaning I've covered over 250kms!.

I have done the unthinkable and booked a trip in December to work towards too.
  • JoKessho
    JoKessho Posts: 108 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I just enjoy what I do (exercise-wise) and eating good food.
    If you don't enjoy your weight-loss journey, then you won't be able to maintain your lower weight. This is all about finding what you enjoy and sticking to it.

8vblvf9qkdte.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I like being strong and able to ride my bike 40 miles. Okay, plus I like looking hot!

I'm with Lis .. except I don't ride bikes since some bugger nicked mine .. *sighs*

I
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Health is #1.

Vanity is #2.

Same.

But try to set up your lifestyle so there are enough intrinsic motivators in your diet and activities to stick to them.