protein

Options
I am doing South Beach & tracking calories also. My carbs did OK yesterday as I don't try to make them real low mainly limit the white carbs as much as I can. The protein was too high though... they are only allowing 50g. I have already had 30 today. I had some salmon salad & refried beans.

I lost a lot of my weigh just counting calories. I don't see how I can go back to that as I would be adding more carbs & we all know what will happen after eating very few carbs. I'm not doing Adkins & never go into ketosis. They don't recommend counting anything but my weight loss is so slow I'm gonna try doing it.. Something isn't going right. I hope by tracking I can see why.

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with getting lots of protein. I aim to eat 140-150g every day.
  • RDH0513
    RDH0513 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    agreed. I am at 120-150
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of protein too. As long as you aren't eating a lot of calories and you stick to healthier foods there is nothing wrong with eating lots of protein.
  • isimey
    isimey Posts: 1
    Options
    Calorie counting and Atkins are the only diets that have ever worked for me. However Atkins is very hard to maintain and unhealthy so I won't recommend it. If you continue to count calories and try to exercise at least 3 times a week you will be fine. I lost 9 pounds exercising 6days a week in just 3 months last year but spoilt it over Christmas :) I then lost a couple of pounds counting calories but stopped. I'm starting again with more dedication as I have my wedding coming up in August....
  • Cindio
    Cindio Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Carbs are very important in your diet! And by carbs I mean anything high in fibre. Your body cannot absorb fibre, so it fills you up but doesn't technically count towards your cal intake. Fibre also binds to cholestrol and removes it from your body. The more fibre your body consumes, the fewer calories it will take in, fibre is said to consume up to 90 additional calories as well :)

Protein is also really good for you because it helps you build muscle mass, I believe its better to aim higher than lower as long as you are consuming the right types of protein.
  • jad54
    jad54 Posts: 192
    Options
    Don't sweat the protein. You aren't going to gain bad weight from eating too much of it. Try and limit most of your carbs to the morning, though.
  • Bamagal36
    Bamagal36 Posts: 33
    Options
    I have had 24 g of carbs so far.. 1/2 cup FF refried beans, 1/2 C FF cottage cheese, 2 TBS of FF mayonnaise & 1TBS SF relish.
    I have also had 43G of my 50 G... Glad it is OK to go over on protein.

Thanks for the answers:flowerforyou: