Has anyone tried pole dancing for exercise? I hear it's really great for muscle tone

Options
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has done classes. I'm 58 and a friend did it and said it was really an intense workout. I'm looking for something different to supplement my hiking and cycling and jogging. Did you lose weight or just get really toned?

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Losing weight comes with eating at a deficit, but I imagine it's a very good muscle endurance and cardio workout. So it'll definitely aid you in losing weight and get you... "toned".
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Pole was absolutely amazing for strength exercises and cardio. I'd definitely recommend it. Most importantly, it's RIDICULOUSLY FUN! It's a full body work out, and it's a non traditional form of exercise. If you can get a group of friends to go with you it's good as well, because you can keep each other motivated. Or even do doubles! It's expensive though, as with their insurance it's risky to teach people to hang upside down on a piece of steel by one foot. Totally worth it though. If my sister in law can do it (she's a size 24 UK and has had two kids) then i say anyone can do it. Go for it!
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks thegaragegirl01. Just the info I was looking for! I figured it would be a great addition to my other cardio. I tried yoga last year and it was just too slow for me but I figured pole dancing would challenge me with a variety of moves.