Tanita Body composition analyzer results? what should i do?

Options
I used the body composition analyzer when a group came into where i work to see what the results said, these were the results i got;
Im female, 22, 176cm (5 foot 9 inches)

Weight - 56.2kg
Fat % - 15.4%
Fat mass - 8.7kg
FFM - 47.5kg
Muscle Mass - 45.1kg
TBW (body water) -33.2kg
TBW (body water) % -59.1%
Bone mass - 2.4kg
BMR - 5975kJ (1428 calories)
Metabolic age - 12 year old
Visceral fat rating - 1
BMI - 18.1
Ideal body weight - 68.1kg

Should i be eating at least my BMR calories and should i be gaining weight?
Also alot of my weight seems to be muscle is that a good/bad thing?

Any advice would be great :)

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Weight - 56.2kg
    Ideal body weight - 68.1kg

I hope you don't understand what BMR is, and you mean TDEE instead, when you are so underweight.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Metabolic age 12? Eat more candy I guess.
    Yeah, BMI is 18.1, chances are you're underweight.
    You might want to up calories, most pistols on here would recommend lifting to turn as much of those surplus calories into muscle as possible, but your call.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Look in the mirror. If you're too skinny, eat more. Forget the BS "data" and move on.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses, can people please be a bit mindful with responses, i have suffered with an undiagnosed eating disorder for 3 years after an mentally abusive relationship and am recovering on my own, ive been eating 1300-1400 calories daily now for about 2 weeks for the first time and im working it up, just any support would be great since I am now focused on eating more and feeling better, these are just some results i had done through work since we have health checks done, thankyou :)
  • alch1821
    alch1821 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    yes you should at be eating 1428 plus more....that is what you burn if you do absolutely nothing all day. Recommended BMI is 18.5-24.9. If you put a goal weight in, based on what is healthy for your height and frame size, MFP will calculate your calorie goal. Just make healthy choices so you feel good!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Ulwaz wrote: »
    Thanks for the responses, can people please be a bit mindful with responses, i have suffered with an undiagnosed eating disorder for 3 years after an mentally abusive relationship and am recovering on my own, ive been eating 1300-1400 calories daily now for about 2 weeks for the first time and im working it up, just any support would be great since I am now focused on eating more and feeling better, these are just some results i had done through work since we have health checks done, thankyou :)

Sorry for your problems but the question is really should you be recovering on your own if you are even having to consider this "Should i be eating at least my BMR calories".

You do realise that would be a massive calorie deficit when you are already underweight?

Please don't be too proud to get professional help.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You should be eating well above your BMR. Your BMR is what you would be burning if you lay in bed all day. You should be eating at least 1700 calories.
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

That's great that you're starting to up your calories.
    Try adding an extra 100 calories or so (maybe each week) until you work up to around 1700 or 1800. (Adding Nuts to your diet will help with that).
    I wouldn't worry about the BMI results, just concentrate on getting healthy.
    Good Luck with it! :)
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Sorry to hear that. You very likely want a lot more calories than that to go up in weight as it seems you should be doing. Look at TDEE, not BMR and if unsure of your activity level go with higher options.
    If you feel you can be mentally healthy doing it, I'd reiterate the weight training. It can give a confidence about what weight you carry and gain.
  • wrealmusic
    wrealmusic Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    the body comp analyzer have some interesting info. I must have one done on myself. Its good that you are taking it one day at a time. from your info looks like your around 124lb at 5ft9. gaining some solid weight couldnt hurt. Its good that you have more muscle. but for proper hormone balance, its good to also have a good a certain amount of fat as well. eating 250-350 more calories per day over your BMR along with lifting heavy weights can help you slowly gain. eating clean and getting plenty of rest for quality gains over time.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Work with a professional nutritionist to relearn proper eating and would probably benefit from counseling to ensure the new relationship with food stays a healthy one.
  • Ulwaz
    Ulwaz Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    im going to get some professional help also and also can anyone give me an weight training regime or some information? since i dont really know alot about it, thankyou :)