PICS- Started my journey in October and am proud of how far I've come!

Options
lexie1108
lexie1108 Posts: 18 Member
edited June 2015 in Success Stories
Hello! I started using MFP In October by going on a low carb diet. At 5'1 and 135 lbs, I was very uncomfortable and dreaded shopping, going out, and looking in the mirror. I may have even peaked at 140 lbs but when I started I weighed in at 135 lbs. I avoided the scale for well over 2 years until I decided enough was enough!! It may not be much of a loss of success story to some people but I wanted to post this for people who need the inspiration- especially short women! I started out by going on a low carb diet and using MFP in October. I dropped 20 pounds and got down to 115 by January and then started incoporating exercise (running, walking lots, and stairmaster at the gym) and adding carbs back into my diet. I have had plenty of relaxed and lots of cheat days/meals since then and weighed in at 104.0 this week. I just started incorporating body weight and strength training into my routine so I'm really hoping to build muscle and maybe lose a few more inches. I can't begin to say how much MFP helped me - ESPECIALLY when it comes to weighing your food instead of measuring it! Huge difference. I am so happy to feel confident and proud of myself this summer instead of hiding myself under big t-shirts like I did all last summer! Now I love going bikini shopping and I have a serious addiction to buying workout clothes! Also, I'm proud to say the Abercrombie size 0 shorts that were my motivation to get back into from high school are now too big on me! lol! Thank you MFP forums for all the motivation and awesome advice!

This is me anywhere from 130-135 lbs..not exactly sure at the time this picture was taken 09zsdmzff7sz.jpg

This is me in November in Hawaii with my husband at 120 lbs 8l1y4dtogz3l.jpg

This is me at 108 lbs in March 87w6z6xpawdn.jpg

This is me at 104 lbs a few days ago at the beach! 6y51h405g0ck.jpg

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • BronxBStanfield
    BronxBStanfield Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done! :-)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You've done amazingly! You are like a little poll pocket heh
  • scarlettsmom2013
    scarlettsmom2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!! I'm 5'1" as well so you have really inspired me!
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I would have been thrilled with your 120 pic, but look at your waist curve at 108-104!

You look healthy and happy. The most important part of all our efforts!
  • gilliebee63
    gilliebee63 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! You look great. As someone the same height with roughly the same starting weight and goal (although a bit older than you) I'm very impressed and inspired.
  • eshnna
    eshnna Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Wow great progress! Thanks for sharing!
  • chinablk22
    chinablk22 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you really look great and you are surely an inspiration
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Well done - no wonder your husband looks so happy!
  • runnerchick69
    runnerchick69 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I remember my first pair of size 0 pants...it was a great moment because I came down from a size 22 :) Congrats on getting in shape but more to the point taking your life back!
  • EnglishCanadian
    EnglishCanadian Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look wonderful! Lovely to see sunscreen too :)
  • jcortrightreeping
    jcortrightreeping Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow- you are looking amazing
  • tgiggles
    tgiggles Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    LOOK GREAT!!!!
  • Jilliankosto
    Jilliankosto Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Great work!
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful! Congratulations!
  • saltypancakez
    saltypancakez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous! Congratulations!
  • TheJenProject
    TheJenProject Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow reading your story is really encouraging. I would love to get to around 110 for my 5ft 2 frame! so inspired by your story
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!