Hunger before bed

Options
evsy10
evsy10 Posts: 4 Member
Hi all....

I'm trying to eat healthy and drink water throughout the day, but i find around 8-9pm i'm starting to get hungry again...and i break on times snacking...

Any ideas of how to reduce the hunger or something i can do to take away the craving.....in all fairness i'd happily take a pill that makes me super fit, muscley while eat as much junk as i want BUT that's not going to happen, so i need to improve my willpower!

Replies

• smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Can't you just save some of your calories so you can have a snack before bed?
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Save your calories.

Drinking more water doesn't make you healthier. It will make you pee more, though.
  • evsy10
    evsy10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know...peeing gets me up and moving though as i'd have some strange looks and probably a warning if i didn't get up to move and pee...

I don't really want to snack, it seems to be sugary cravings i have at that time
  • rugratz2015
    rugratz2015 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I save my calories to have hot chocolate made with low fat milk at night time - this curbs the appetite and gives me something sweet to look forward to x
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Can't you just save some of your calories so you can have a snack before bed?
    This * might be a good option*
    try saving atleast 200-300 calories before bed for a snack or small meal

• didsomeonesaypizza
    didsomeonesaypizza Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'll have a smaller, low-carb/high-protein dinner around 250 cal so that I can have a snack later on. Some examples are protein pudding, cottage cheese with fruit, or greek yogurt with honey. The casein in these foods will help fill you up, and your body will digest the proteins slowly, ensuring you're not snacking at midnight. It's all about balancing and finding what makes your stomach happy (in my case, eating a snack at 9pm helps me sleep better too!).
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    saving calories or eating later in general might stop the cravings

also ask if it's tummy hunger or brain hunger. if it's the brain, tell it to shut up and go to bed
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    saving calories or eating later in general might stop the cravings

also ask if it's tummy hunger or brain hunger. if it's the brain, tell it to shut up and go to bed

This. If you are just in the habit of eating something before bed, your brain is just going to ask for it's snack. Get out of the habit.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I typically save around 150 calories for a snack around that time. I've found if I go for Greek yogurt, it tends to help with the craving of sweets, and it has a decent amount of protein to help me stay feeling full.
  • Stephcrane14
    Stephcrane14 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    something that can trick your brain into a sweet snack is to try some homemade "ice cream" from fruit in the blender. This way, your snack is clean and healthy and totally guilt free.

Some ideas you can find here: http://dailyburn.com/life/recipes/healthy-homemade-ice-cream-recipes/

Or, what I like to do, which is easier and cheaper than adding all of these ingredients, is to take some frozen fruit (I like strawberries or bananas) and put in my blender with a little bit of water and blend. Voila, fruit sorbet!

If you're body is telling you that it's hungry, and these are true hunger pains (as opposed to you being bored or just wanting to eat), go ahead and have something to eat. You may not be getting enough during the day.

If this is not an option, also try a small handful of nuts or some hard boiled eggs. These will keep you full and satiate your hunger without spoiling your day of eating healthy.

I hope this helps! :)
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I save fresh fruit for night... Helps with my sugar cravings
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow makes some yummy stuff at 150 calories or less. Budget into your day, everyday.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat dinner late, between 7-8 pm. Then I don't get hungry before bed. Works especially well when I go to my bootcamp class at 6 pm.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Try an apple - few calories and lots of fiber.