Need Advice.

Options
I am Glen,

187CM
FROM 135KG to 88KG
AGE 27
MALE

throughout my weight loss journey I was losing 1kg+ a week but now I been changing my weight loss goals from maintenance to half a pound. My current goal is 0.25KG or half a pound.

I workout at the gym 6 days a week doing 2 to 2 1/2 hours of strength training and 1 hour of cardio straight after strength training I usually use the elliptical cross trainer that's another hour at least. I enter my age and weight into the elliptical and finish my cardio when I hit 800 calories. For my strength training I only count 200 calories for the 2+ hours just because I don't want to overestimate my calories.

I never had trouble losing weight but just in the last couple of weeks I can't maintain a deficit of 1100 a day like before.

Just in the last couple of days I been eating to lose 1/2 KG to maintenance calories now currently to 1/4KG a week

I feeling a little down because I feel like I am cheating myself because I am so used to losing 1KG+ a week but now my body gets to hungry now. So I changed my calories to a weight loss of 1/4KG a week.

I just need some advice I opened my diary up if you want to have a look.

I just feeling a little guilty of eating more than I did before.

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Wait, you're aiming to lose half a pound a week, but keeping a daily deficit of 1100 calories a day?? That would be over 2lbs/week. To lose half a pound a week, you'd want a daily deficit of 250 calories. If you're really eating a deficit of 1100 a day no wonder you're hungry!

It's also worth noting that exercise machines tend to overestimate calorie burn, so you may not actually be burning 800 calories doing that.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Yeah double check that deficit, MFP glitches on me yesterday and gave me a deficit I knew was wrong, so maybe it glitches on you too?
  • StrayAlien
    StrayAlien Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wait, you're aiming to lose half a pound a week, but keeping a daily deficit of 1100 calories a day?? That would be over 2lbs/week. To lose half a pound a week, you'd want a daily deficit of 250 calories. If you're really eating a deficit of 1100 a day no wonder you're hungry!

It's also worth noting that exercise machines tend to overestimate calorie burn, so you may not actually be burning 800 calories doing that.

That was before I was losing 1kg a week. Now I am only losing 0.25KG a week.

Because to be honest I don't know if I reached my goal weight or surpassed my goal weight. That why I upped my calorie intake because my body ain't got as much fat stores as before so I am thinking that is why I was getting hungry before. I am seeing a nutritionist of Thursday see what the say but as off now I am eating enough calories to lose 0.25KG or half a pound a week. My body does appreciate the change.
  • StrayAlien
    Options
    Yeah double check that deficit, MFP glitches on me yesterday and gave me a deficit I knew was wrong, so maybe it glitches on you too?

Yeah if you looked at my diary and see that I went over my calories that is because I just changed it from my maintenance calories to a weight loss of half a pound a week. I just been trying to find the right balance as my body needs more as a I am ever so near to my goal weight. So I just trying to slow my weight loss down a little bit because I think my body was starting to burn some muscle so I made the right adjustments I hope.
  • DemoraFairy
    Options
    StrayAlien wrote: »

Because to be honest I don't know if I reached my goal weight or surpassed my goal weight. That why I upped my calorie intake because my body ain't got as much fat stores as before so I am thinking that is why I was getting hungry before. I am seeing a nutritionist of Thursday see what the say but as off now I am eating enough calories to lose 0.25KG or half a pound a week. My body does appreciate the change.

Right ok, so the problem is that you feel bad losing weight slower when you know you can lose faster? Well, you're meant to lose slower as you approach your goal weight, that's just something you need to accept. And not sure what you mean when you say you don't know if you've reached your goal weight or surpassed it, surely you can find this out by weighing yourself lol
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You lost 106 pounds, NICE! With only 9 to go, logging needs to be tight. You're still losing, so just keep doing what you're doing and it will come.
  • StrayAlien
    Options

Right ok, so the problem is that you feel bad losing weight slower when you know you can lose faster? Well, you're meant to lose slower as you approach your goal weight, that's just something you need to accept. And not sure what you mean when you say you don't know if you've reached your goal weight or surpassed it, surely you can find this out by weighing yourself lol

I have used a few online calculators to measure my ideal weight and the results vary. But I have am confident that 86.8KG is my ideal weight. That's my target at the moment. But when I reach that I know I will not be happy eating maintenance calories.

• StrayAlien
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    You lost 106 pounds, NICE! With only 9 to go, logging needs to be tight. You're still losing, so just keep doing what you're doing and it will come.

Thanks a lot. :smile:
  • DemoraFairy
    Options

I have used a few online calculators to measure my ideal weight and the results vary. But I have am confident that 86.8KG is my ideal weight. That's my target at the moment. But when I reach that I know I will not be happy eating maintenance calories.

I don't personally think people have an 'ideal' weight, and if they do I don't think it's going to be something an online calculator is going to be able to accurately guess. I'd say just lose until you're happy, or until the point where it looks like what you need is more muscle, not less fat.
  • DarkerNavigator2233
    DarkerNavigator2233 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Eat more protien to fight hunger and strength train. Focus more on body comp and less on weight it will free you from stressing over the scale.