Eating at the mall

Options
Can't decide what to have for lunch at the mall today. Need a healthy weight loss item. Any suggestions? Normally I avoid eating out so that I don't make bad choices.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Get what you want and work it into your calorie goal?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like that can fit into your day. Go online now and see what restaurants are there and see if they have their items ~calories listed online. Then make your choice so when you arrive you'll already be prepared. Pre planning helps a lot.
    If thats not possible, you could just eat whatever and consider it your treat for the week. if you cant make it a treat meal
    just make the best choice possible . For example, instead of eating 5slices of pizza and fries , just have one slice and a salad.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If I had to eat at our mall? Panda: beef and broccoli.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    A "healthy weight loss item"? Ummm...not sure that's a thing. Get something you'd like to eat that also fits into your calorie goal - it can definitely be done, even at the mall. If it was me, I'd get some Chick-fil-A or teriyaki chicken with rice. Subway would be an easy one if you're into that kind of thing (I'm not). If your mall has a Great Wraps or something similar, that would be an easy one too.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Yep... can't go wrong with Panda: beef and broccoli. Sub veggies for rice if you need to or if you're like me just like lots of veggies. We have a place called Pholicious, very tasty GIANT bowl of soup with very low calories.

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    If I don't care about the sodium - some kind of Asian soup, I love them.

A 6 inch sub, no cheese, no drink/fries/sauce with chucken breast or similar will set you back under 400 calories, if that's your consideration - or add whatever you like and fit it in.

Another example of a tasty 400 calories - A&W mamma burger, the patties are delicious - don't know if you have that chain.

Anything within your calories - most of the food court chains have nutrition info online.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Soggynode wrote: »
    Yep... can't go wrong with Panda: beef and broccoli. Sub veggies for rice if you need to or if you're like me just like lots of veggies. We have a place called Pholicious, very tasty GIANT bowl of soup with very low calories.

This. I usually get the brown rice or steamed veggies and a double order of teriyaki chicken.
  • happywife63
    happywife63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I locate the deli in the mall and get a no mayo BLT. I ask for only 3-4 slices of bacon and lots of tomato and lettuce. The bacon and bread make me feel like I am being bad, but it really isn't that bad, and it is oh so yummy!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Taco bell, a taco is really low calorie there (200 calories if I remember). I get the bean burrito "fresco style" for 350 calories.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I usually get meatballs from the Italian place and then add in a salad.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    Chinese can work if you substitute veggies for rice

I often get the gelato but I walk while I eat it. so then I feel ok eating it.
  • LuciaEdmond
    LuciaEdmond Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, so don't have Panda Express or chick-fil-a but I do like a big bowl of pho soup, subway, Chinese beef & broccoli, meet balls & salad are all great ideas. Not so sure about getting whatever & fitting it in my calories for the day. Salt is always a problem as it will surely show a weight gain for a couple of days. Thx everyone for some great suggestions.
  • North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Panda Express mushroom chicken. I get the steamed rice and eat half of it- they give you such a big portion of rice!
  • JennieMaeK
    JennieMaeK Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I love Opa! I have the lamb souvlaki and greek salad. So yummy.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    If they have Khan's Mongolian BBQ that has a lot of great choices since you get to pick all of your ingredients and sauce.
  • LuciaEdmond
    LuciaEdmond Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I ended up having lunch at Opa. Calamari with a cesear salad for 510 cal.
  • 10inprogress
    10inprogress Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Taco bell, a taco is really low calorie there (200 calories if I remember). I get the bean burrito "fresco style" for 350 calories.

Came here to say this...
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    JUICE SMASH. OMG it's amazing.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I get a salad with baked chicken and gluten free dressing at my local Mall when I'm hungry and can't wait till I get home.