Was 290 lbs and now 180 lbs of muscle

Options
I was at 290 at my biggest but through serious hard work, discipline, perseverance, dedication, and patience I am now 180 lbs of muscle. You can achieve the same results by total lifestyle change. I had to repair 30 years of bodily abuse and that simply takes time and sweat.

Replies

• thelordswarrior777
    thelordswarrior777 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me as your friend if you want some friendly competition or even some advice on the things I do to achieve my fitness goals. I do fitness and weight training. God bless you!
  • Heydi79
    Heydi79 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats !!! How long did it take you to lose the weight ?
  • thelordswarrior777
    Options
    About 2 years to lose the weight. I plateaued several times and didn't have a trainer. It's best to lose that much weight slowly because of the dreaded "extra skin" that comes with fast weight loss. I "yo yo'd" a few times during this period also. I just refused to give up. I finally decided I had enough.
  • unc19972
    unc19972 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. Congrats on your weight lost. I'm in a similar situation here. I was 280 at my highest and 189 now. I cannot say I am all muscle though. I have grown to love strength training and have seen tremendous gains due to it. I have been at it for over 2 years myself, but I am now faced with the extra skin, and I still want to lose about 20-25 more pounds. What have you done regarding the extra skin?
  • thelordswarrior777
    Options
    Your skin will tighten up but it will take time. We are repairing years of abuse to our bodies. As a man our problem areas tend to be our mid section otherwise known as the "muffin top". Women's problem areas tend to be hips and thighs. Those are almost always the last thing to go. I am not currently qualified to give direct advice yet, but I will tell you you need to lower your body fat percentage to tighten those areas up. I would up my protein intake, lower my fat intake, do abs every day (8 round tabatas) make sure I'm doing back exercises (be sure to use a belt) and up my cardio. For a man my age I need to keep my heart rate at around 150 to continue burning fat. Try to keep your heart rate that high throughout your entire workouts.