Cellulite and lumpy skin

Options
So I'm currently down almost 45 lbs and have about 35 more to go until my goal. I am happy with my progress so far but I'm noticing that the more weight I lose the lumpier the fat I still have becomes. I also am noticing more cellulite on my legs than before. I work with Kettlebells to try and tone up while I continue to lose but I'm wondering if this lumpiness is just a normal part of weightloss and if it will go away with the more I lose.

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Cellulite is tough to get rid of. How much success you have depends partly on how low you want to drop your body fat. Also genetics, age, lifestyle, and where the cellulite is and where you naturally carry most of your fat are also big factors.
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yeah cellulite is a bummer. Thighs are my main target zone and at 131# and regular weighted squats and lunges my legs are still riddled with the stuff...what can I say except I feel your pain!
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yeah, fat deposits look a lot worse for a long time as they shrink, then they eventually start smoothing out. The cellulite may not go away completely unless you become very fit, and even then some women have a smidgen.
  • cosettecole
    cosettecole Posts: 17 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Hydrate!! 3 plus liters of water a day and weight training. All of the above is real. It's stubborn and depending on each person it's different. Water and weights do good things for this! Coming from someone with thick thighs and having cellulite around my damn knees in the past!! Ugh.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As you lose, cellulite will become less noticeable. Unfortunately, it's often genetic and some of us are just stuck with it.
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    How much protein are you getting? Are you doing any strength training? If you're getting enough protein and doing strength training, then your cellulite should become LESS noticeable, not more, as you lose weight. Sounds like you're on the road to becoming skinny fat tbh