I feel like I'm eating too much..?

Options
GregPh67
GregPh67 Posts: 16 Member
the reason I'm making this thread is because I feel like I'm eating too much. Not because I'm going over my calorie goal, that would be obvious, but because I can never really get close to my calorie goal without struggling to scarf more and more food down. I have also been eating a lot of fruits and vegetables which are so low in calories that they barely have an effect on my goal, though I still feel full.

So lately I've been gorging myself just to get close to the goal. Now I'm not sure if anyone has advice on this maybe something I could eat or... Anything would help really. Thank you.

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating daily?

I guess it depends whether you're eating caloric dense foods compared to those with fewer calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
  • weird_me2
    weird_me2 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    First, make sure you are accurately tracking. Weigh everything you consume and choose the appropriate entry for what you are eating. If you choose inappropriate portion sizes or incorrect database entries, you could very well be eating much more than you think you are.

Second, don't go all diet everything. If you are truly logging everything correctly, eat some calorie dense foods. Eat some full fat cheese, butter, oil, nuts, etc. Those fat calories add up quickly for a very small portion of food. For example, I have planned to eat some watermelon and cheese for a snack today. For the amount of calories in 4 cups of watermelon, the amount of cheese you get for the same is very small - it would be about 1/3 C of shredded cheese. If you are eating salads, don't go fat free for the dressing, use full fat or low fat. The fat helps you absorb vitamins and nutrients better and helps keep you satisfied.
  • cookiealbright
    cookiealbright Posts: 605 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If you're not going over your calorie limit. It doesn't matter what you're eating.
  • itsthehumidity
    itsthehumidity Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm so extremely jealous of this. If I stuffed myself to satisfaction each day I'd be eating probably 8000 calories. Even on the days when I eat well in excess of 3000 calories (rare, but they happen) I'm not even close to full. Agh it's so unfair.
  • 3AAnn3
    3AAnn3 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Options
    I agree. I've never said, man I'm so stuffed on these 1400 calories a day!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I always find these sorts of threads a bit mind boggling when the OP has managed quite successfully to be overweight in the first place. The link to Diannes list of calorific dense foods is handy, but it just seems odd to go from substantially over to not being able to eat enough for the modest deficit target.

OP just adjust your diet so you eat a bit more and if you choose o for the more calorie dense option, it soon rockets up.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Quick ways to add calories:

-Liquid Calories. I used to make shakes with whole fat milk, 2 scoops of protein powder, some fruit, and
    -Olive Oil. Check out the calories for 1 tablespoon. Add a couple of tbsps to your protein shake, your food, hell you can even take shots of it if you have to! Fast and easy calories when you need a quick +300 to 500.

As you eat more, your stomach will get used to eating more and it will get easier. Near the beginning though it will feel like a full time job to stay at a +500 calorie surplus.
  • jaga13
    jaga13 Posts: 1,149 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    I always find these sorts of threads a bit mind boggling when the OP has managed quite successfully to be overweight in the first place. The link to Diannes list of calorific dense foods is handy, but it just seems odd to go from substantially over to not being able to eat enough for the modest deficit target.

OP just adjust your diet so you eat a bit more and if you choose o for the more calorie dense option, it soon rockets up.

Agreed!
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Is your goal to lose weight? Then stop eating when you're satisfied, even if you haven't hit your caloric goal. Simple.