Devastated at missing period

Options
2»

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    People in the US still won't understand you since you are using stone. I guess a lot of people can't multiply by 14 in their heads. :)

The more you stress out about it, the worse you will make the situation. I would say that if it's still an issue in 3 or 4 months, call your GYN.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    If she weighed 11 stone at start she was around 154 lbs., and if she lost a stone, she's now 140 lbs. At 5'7" this is slim, but not underweight by any means. I'd increase iron-containing foods like red meat. I never missed in my younger days, but was anemic to borderline a lot, and that was what I was advised. I did have a friend who would miss when she took up an exercise regime and she had to back off the activity level and change her diet whenever she wanted to get pregnant.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Do you take birth control where your period is regulated? If so and you missed it i might want to get a blood test and just make sure everything is all good.

If you aren't on BC, and you aren't pregnant, i'd say it's probably fine and normal to have a longer cycle sometimes. If you have lost your period for an extended period of time and have true "amenorrhea" then I would visit the doctor and see what is going on.
  • alizeepa
    alizeepa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for your input, you guys are great! I'm gonna do less strenuous exercise and up my fat/iron intake. Fingers crossed. Thank you!!!