What is your favorite protein powder ?

Options

Replies

• fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I really love Cellucor protein powders. They have great flavors, I've tried a few other brands but always end up returning to Cellucor!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    sixxpoint wrote: »
    Everyone in here always recommends either 1) the absolute worst tasting, 2) the popular highly marketed choice, or the 3) gluten free, all natural, organic, flavorless, colorless, odorless, choice.

Those people all have zero clue about protein powder. Sad to say.
    Taste is an individual thing, you can't dictate what people like.
  • sixxpoint
    sixxpoint Posts: 3,529 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Everyone in here always recommends either 1) the absolute worst tasting, 2) the popular highly marketed choice, or the 3) gluten free, all natural, organic, flavorless, colorless, odorless, choice.

I'm not. I'm just confirming that these choices are awful compared to actual good-tasting protein powder like PES Select, Controlled Labs Pronom, or XF Ultra Peptide 2.0.

It's kind of like someone asking for beer that actually tastes good because everything they are trying tastes like piss... and then seeing pages of people recommending Corona and Bud Light.

OP also said, "I'm having a hard time finding protein powders that taste good"
  • MollyBradford
    MollyBradford Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl and Molten Chocolate are by far the best I've ever had.
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard whey - Double Rich Chocolate. I think it's the highest rated out of all of the flavors for good reason! Good with water, good with milk!
  • jim9097
    jim9097 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Muscle Pharm Combat Powder is awesome. By the way; when can mix the vanilla in plain I prefer Fage Total 0 greek yogurt and add a little bit of frozen fruit and perfect. Most other powders turn it to paste...
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I use BSN Syntha 6 Chocolate Milkshake flavor. I also like Optimum Nutrition, but I switched to BSN because it lists the potassium content and the potassium to sodium ratio is favorable.
  • daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Maximuscle Promax Lean in Vanilla.

I find that it tastes a hell of a lot better if you put it in milk (if you can afford the calories).

I use it essentially as flavouring for fruit smoothies too.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition Natural Whey... either Chocolate or Vanilla
  • Justthisgirl1994
    Justthisgirl1994 Posts: 226 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I really like the taste of whey iso burst from gnc. Their french vanilla flavor is
  • CatKaren
    CatKaren Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    The only powder I'll use is Genepro peptide protein. Its 30g for one tablespoon of power. You can add it to hot liquids as well as cold beverages. I add mine to my morning yogurt. Stir well. The only taste I can detect is a SLIGHT salty taste.
    I'm done waste
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    If you don't like those protein powders you've already tried... maybe you just dont like protein powder itself? It's a possibility!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I'm not. I'm just confirming that these choices are awful compared to actual good-tasting protein powder like PES Select, Controlled Labs Pronom, or XF Ultra Peptide 2.0.

It's kind of like someone asking for beer that actually tastes good because everything they are trying tastes like piss... and then seeing pages of people recommending Corona and Bud Light.

Which is why I suggested samples.

Also, you recommended Pronom, which looking around the internet doesn't even seem to be made/sold anymore...
  • sixxpoint
    edited June 2015
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Also, you recommended Pronom, which looking around the internet doesn't even seem to be made/sold anymore...

Of course it is still made. They even updated the product.

I shop at bodybuilding.com
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Huh, they showed it as out of stock, and the Controlled Labs site doesn't list it as an available supplement.

I stand by everyone should not waste money, try samples of what they want to buy first, and buy what you enjoy.
  • sixxpoint
    Options

Huh, they showed it as out of stock, and the Controlled Labs site doesn't list it as an available supplement.

I stand by everyone should not waste money, try samples of what they want to buy first, and buy what you enjoy.

Looks like they renamed it "Promore" and significantly cut the serving size. Pronom (now Promore) was always a good tasting protein powder, but it seems that Controlled Labs is backing out of the protein industry as of December 2014. They were losing money on the 4 lb. tubs since supplement companies rarely make a profit on protein powder.
  • WeaponXI
    WeaponXI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I've been using Kaizen's 100% pure whey isolate for a few years now. One serving has 35g of protein, 2g of carbs, and 0.5g of fat for a total of 150 cal. Best part is it tastes great, mixes easily.
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    WeaponXI wrote: »
    I've been using Kaizen's 100% pure whey isolate for a few years now. One serving has 35g of protein, 2g of carbs, and 0.5g of fat for a total of 150 cal. Best part is it tastes great, mixes easily.

this one?

n1fb1w4ppaca.jpg

lol funny you say that about the taste; i personally find it to be the worst tasting one i have ever tried so far
    1.jpg 33.3K
  • WeaponXI
    WeaponXI Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Taste is individual, some may like it, others not so much.
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Projym is my fav and i think I've had all of the common ones. The one downside is that it is pricey(all of the JYM products are) but it's great quality.