raspberry ketones or garcinia?

have you tried?

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    They are both crap. Save your money - log your food and eat at a deficit.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Neither. I am suspicious of all fads.

I like refrigerator oatmeal, one vegetarian meal a week, keeping an eye on my fats (eat them, enjoy them, but measure them), eating at home, and staying away from fries.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/becky-hand/raspberry-ketones_b_2727943.html

Do not try raspberry ketone. It's a complete waste of money.
    Do not try garcinia. It's a complete waste of money.

OP please understand that there are no magic pills which make you lose weight. They're just snakeskin oil products made by people who saw a niche in the market; i.e. people who don't know how to lose weight.

Count your calories, eat in a deficit.
    Save your hard earned money.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Neither. Both have zero effect on losing weight (other than the 'weight' of your wallet and/or bank account)
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I haven't. I looked them up but couldn't find any evidence at all that they do anything. If I remember right the only study on the ketone was in the late 90s on rats in Japan and it didn't prove it did anything.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited June 2015
    Since both have not been shown to have any effect, no.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Use the search feature on here. Save your money.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    They are awesome!!!!
    at lining the pockets of Dr. Oz
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    The only thing that will work is a calorie deficit.

My rule of thumb: If Dr. Oz recommends it, I run the other direction.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    I wish I would have found MFP before those. Raspberry Ketones/Garcinia= 0 ponds lost + 100 bucks. MFP = 39 pounds lost and 0 dollars
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    mantium999 wrote: »
    They are awesome!!!!
    at lining the pockets of Dr. Oz

hahaha
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    neither, just another fad to scam people out of their money
  • Elle_Bronwyn15
    Elle_Bronwyn15 Posts: 296 Member
    I used to be all for the fad diets and fad supplements in college....NONE OF THEM WORK!! The only thing that will ever work, for everyone and all body types is to just eat right/healthy and stay active, and of course make sure there is a calorie deficit. There is no secret to weight loss and staying healthy.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    If they worked, there would be no need for MFP.
  • abivins
    abivins Posts: 4 Member
    I wish I would have found MFP before those. Raspberry Ketones/Garcinia= 0 ponds lost + 100 bucks. MFP = 39 pounds lost and 0 dollars

That is FABULOUS that you lost 39 lbs!! I've only been here for about 6 weeks and have lost 12lbs. Can't wait to have these results!!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    abivins wrote: »

That is FABULOUS that you lost 39 lbs!! I've only been here for about 6 weeks and have lost 12lbs. Can't wait to have these results!!!

Thank you! You will get there!!!!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    abivins wrote: »

Whoa - I don't know, those are already great results!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Most of the said products are mixed with caffeine. So if your looking for a stimulate, a good old cup of coffee is a good choice to save money. Every time I go for my Quest bars at GNC I get pushed to buy the latest CLA and garcinia products. They are always on the front counter. I look at the guy and say are you serious. :)
    FYI....every time I go into the Vitamin Shoppe I never get asked to buy these product. Says something about the 2 companies.
  • carmen9218
    carmen9218 Posts: 7 Member
    thanks everyone!
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Most of the said products are mixed with caffeine. So if your looking for a stimulate, a good old cup of coffee is a good choice to save money. Every time I go for my Quest bars at GNC I get pushed to buy the latest CLA and garcinia products. They are always on the front counter. I look at the guy and say are you serious. :)
    FYI....every time I go into the Vitamin Shoppe I never get asked to buy these product. Says something about the 2 companies.

Oh yes. And, they love to push their house brand. The line " Sure it's okay, But GNC's Bla bla is so much better".