Stinking while loosing fat?

Options
Has anyone noticed an increase in body odor while loosing fat? A slight bit of sweat makes me stink worse then ever. I have to shower two to three times a day to keep the stink to an almost exceptable level

Replies

• wreckzrainer131
    wreckzrainer131 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed but my wife might just be being nice not saying anything.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    It could be what you're eating? Certain foods can secrete scents out of your pores.
  • gaelowyn_pt_duex
    gaelowyn_pt_duex Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It could be what you're eating.. garlic, onion can be smelled in sweat/on the skin. Are you doing low carb? being in ketosis makes you stink. bad. Not trying to offend any low carbers out there.. my hubs does it hardcore once a year and his breath smells like roadkill and he has an overall funk smell, not to mention attitude. Maybe he doesn't do it long enough to "get over" the smell and 'tude. I work in Vet med, and cattle that are ketotic stink as well, smell and attitude wise! :)
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I eat very high protein the smell comes foe the sweat. Ammonia smell like old cat piss. Deodorant and body spray makes it smell like fancy old cat piss
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Anything like nail polish remover? That's the smell that comes from a Ketogenic diet.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    tomsarno wrote: »
    I eat very high protein the smell comes foe the sweat. Ammonia smell like old cat piss. Deodorant and body spray makes it smell like fancy old cat piss

Not sure how much truth there is to this article:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ammonia.htm
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    There is another current thread on this topic. It is also on the first page.

Are you running? Make sure that you are getting enough carbs and are not consuming too much protein.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    it's the high protein intake.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Another vote for excess protein/nitrogen.

http://drmirkin.com/archive/6187.html
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

sorry you stink but that just made me laugh LOLOLOL
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

When I ate too much protein, I got the urine smell.

Not that I endorse this, but here's a link with a possible explanation:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/ammonia.htm
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    it's the high protein intake.

yep
  • 2009jewellz
    2009jewellz Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Never heard of stinking while losing fat. Learn something new everyday on here!

Wreck, hahahaha. You are funny.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

Never heard of stinking while losing fat. Learn something new everyday on here!

Wreck, hahahaha. You are funny.

Wow, wonder if I stink . . . I hope not!
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I am on a high fiber diet, which causes lots of farts. Anybody want to pull my finger?
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed an increase in body odor while loosing fat? A slight bit of sweat makes me stink worse then ever. I have to shower two to three times a day to keep the stink to an almost exceptable level

b5ouyhewahal.gif

I haven't had that issue...
    Are you on a ketogenic diet?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Wait...I eat high protein. Do I stink and not notice it?
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    andympanda wrote: »
    I am on a high fiber diet, which causes lots of farts. Anybody want to pull my finger?

I learned that my whey protein for shakes was causing flatulence. I guess it's the kind of protein and/or fiber. However, of course, my farts smell like roses.
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've noticed this. I just figure the fat that I'd being burned is old fat.