Diet pills???

Options
what is the best pill that I can take to curb my appetite??

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    None of them. They won't do anything.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    How much money you got?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    NO. There are no magical pills. Eat at reasonable deficit and exercise.
  • jaw783
    jaw783 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have been on Adipex (generic) for a week. FOR ME it is helping tremendously!!!! It does not give me the "energy" everyone claims to have. BUT it definitely helps control my appetite for sure. I am not starving and I am able to stay within or a little below the calorie range suggested by my physician....Good luck on finding something that works for you.!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit and exercise.
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    jaw783 wrote: »
    I have been on Adipex (generic) for a week. FOR ME it is helping tremendously!!!! It does not give me the "energy" everyone claims to have. BUT it definitely helps control my appetite for sure. I am not starving and I am able to stay within or a little below the calorie range suggested by my physician....Good luck on finding something that works for you.!

I'm sorry, but if your profile picture is correct, as well as your meter on your profile (5 lbs to lose), you don't need to be looking at diet pills. Personally, I don't think they're good for anyone, but those who have gone on the biggest name pills (like Adipex) have been perscribed them because they were clinically obese and needed help getting a jump start to lose 100 or more pounds. This is not your case.

It'd be good to use the search function and find threads that have discussed this before. There, you might find testimonies from the people who have screwed up their health by dabbling in these things.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

the OP only has 5 pounds to lose so adipex isn't an option for her. Atleast any doctor in their right mind wouldn't prescribe it.

OP, just eat less and deal with it. I know it sucks, but you cant be taking some (bull-honkey-nonses) diet pill for the rest of your life. How will you deal with it once you've lost the weight? If the answer is "i will eat what i want once i reach my goal" then it's safe to say any loss you have will be temporary only.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Adequate calories and meals/snacks with a combination of protein, fat, and fiber.

If you plan correctly, you should never go hungry. It takes a few days to get the hang of things. Hang in there.

In the 1980's there was an "appetite suppressant" called Dexatrim.....it had similar ingredients to Contac cold medicine. They found the cold medicine reduced appetite....Whallah! New product. Guess what? No one takes cold medicine week after week....they figured out that Dexatrim stopped working after the first few days. My point is this....these are not sold as drugs...they are supplements (largely unregulated). What Fearless said...how much money you got?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you just want to throw away money, I am happy to give my paypal email address LOL
  • jaw783
    edited June 2015
    Options

I'm sorry, but if your profile picture is correct, as well as your meter on your profile (5 lbs to lose), you don't need to be looking at diet pills. Personally, I don't think they're good for anyone, but those who have gone on the biggest name pills (like Adipex) have been perscribed them because they were clinically obese and needed help getting a jump start to lose 100 or more pounds. This is not your case.

It'd be good to use the search function and find threads that have discussed this before. There, you might find testimonies from the people who have screwed up their health by dabbling in these things.

You are correct. Adipex is typically for the morbidly obese; which unfortunately I fall into that category.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

You are correct. Adipex is typically for the morbidly obese; which unfortunately I fall into that category.

But the OP does not so you suggesting it to her was wrong. . .
    That said, there is no magic pill. Protein rich foods will help keep you feeling fuller longer as well as drinking a lot of water (atleast this helps me). Log everything you eat, and make sure you are at a caloric deficit and you will lose weight. That is all.

• crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Just throwing in:
    Be VERY careful of OTC pills as they are not regulated and can have harmful side effects.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    Just throwing in:
    Be VERY careful of OTC pills as they are not regulated and can have harmful side effects.

Yes, this also!! VERY MUCH THIS ALSO!

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    How old are you? Only children still believe in Magic, right?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about a full glass of water before meals?
  • janelily7
    janelily7 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    None of them. They won't do anything.

I have taken 3 x course of Orlistat and I didn't loose any weight. It did absolutely nothing.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? If there was a "magic pill" we would not have a web site called MFP.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    How about a full glass of water before meals?

If only it were that simple.

I was on duramine (phentermine) for a little while, cant even remember how long as that whole time is a blurr. Due to around 2 hours of sleep a night, my emotions being all over the place and just general fogginess.

I would not recommend this route to anyone!! I was no where near obese, i only needed to lose 20ish lbs, but my doctor happily prescribed it..

• jaw783
    Options

But the OP does not so you suggesting it to her was wrong. . .
    That said, there is no magic pill. Protein rich foods will help keep you feeling fuller longer as well as drinking a lot of water (atleast this helps me). Log everything you eat, and make sure you are at a caloric deficit and you will lose weight. That is all.

I did not know what her weight was. I simply answered the question and spoke from MY PERSPECTIVE. I think I specifically stated what worked for me!! The question is asking about diet pills...which is what my answer was in regards to.