Stress Eater/Comfort Eater/Carb Lover

Options
Hello. I am a 38 year old mother to two young girls (4 and 6). Food is my best friend. No matter what is going on, food always makes it all seem a little better. I eat when I am bored, I eat when I am sleepy and my girls wont sleep, I eat to reward myself, I eat when I am stressed, I eat when I am sad. My world revolves around eating. I eat crazy things, just to be eating. I really want to lose weight so that I will be healthy and live many years to be with my daughters.

Replies

• Kaotic76
    Kaotic76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand. Im a mother of a 16yr old thats starting to smell herself. Im tryn 2 lose 35lbs. I eat similar 2 u but try 2 eat healthy like a spoon of peanut butter. Carrots. I drink alot of water. But i try to walkat least 4 times a week. Hard with a 12hr shift. But this is my goal to get started as of today.
  • scary_mary73
    scary_mary73 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a comfort eater too, it is a very hard habit to break. I eat when I am tired which is a lot being a single, working mum! I try to keep my hands busy doing something else at night now to stop myself from eating (knitting and crochet mainly). If I do snack I try to keep it healthy with veggies or fruit, it doesn't always work but I am determined to beat this..
  • xkitxkatxkaix
    xkitxkatxkaix Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Well I'm not a mother of anything yet, but I too am the general epitome of an emotional eater. I love breads, I love sweets and I adore ice cold malts beverages on a hot summer evening and of course my most favorite thing of all.... ice cream. So far I've decided to just cut every type of alcohol out of my diet, I don't need it for anything so whats the point of having it around? Also stopping and really focusing on whether you're hungry or if you're actually thirsty helps a lot too. But I totally get where you're coming from.