Should I take pictures?

Options
I was just curious of opinions if I should take pictures through out my progress, or if I should just let the way my clothes fit tell me the difference? I also weigh myself everyday, and have been told to only do it once a week just curious of others opinions. Thank you!

Replies

• KC5115
    KC5115 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am so glad I have done this. I have not always lost "scale" weight but the pictures make the biggest difference. You look at yourself everyday so you don't see the little changes your body makes. Making comparisons (I use the Pic Stitch app) has helped keep me going!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    YES. I didn't and I super regret it. Even though I can tell by my clothes, sometimes I really hate my naked body and I know that having a pic to compare it to 15 pounds ago would make me feel a lot better. Also my weight drops really slowly so it would be great to have something positive to focus on when the scale isn't moving.

You can weigh every day, but you have to win the mental game of knowing that it won't always go down day to day even if you are doing everything right. So it's really up to your mentality whether it's better to do it every day or once a week or once a month etc.
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I didn't and regret it big time!!!!
  • MamaBirdBoss
    MamaBirdBoss Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    I'm really, really happy I took a "before"! 4lbs doesn't feel like that much. Can't even fit in any more of my clothes. But boy howdy, can you see it!
  • babycakesrn30
    babycakesrn30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU all so much I really do need the motivation and I cant believe how many wonderful people there are on here that can do just that. I will take pics and start documenting my progress. thanks everyone
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I didn't take any early on and I do regret it. So there ya go
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Take pictures, they are the best motivation around. When I didn't see any changes in myself even though I had lost a decent amount of weight, I could look at the pictures and see the changes. It helps a lot! I think the weighing yourself everyday is a personal preference. I weigh myself once a week for the most part.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    same here, I didn't and I regret it. I also wish i'd taken measurements, or maybe had someone else take measurements and keep them secret from me til I was ready. I still have some of my largest clothes though as a comparison.
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Pictures (clothes AND underwear- you don't have to show any of them you don't want to), measurements, and I'd do one of those pushup, situp fitness tests.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Yes

I have a pic from 125 lbs ago. People look at it real close to see it is actually me.

It was nice to get a new work ID since the old pic really didn't look like me now.

Absolutely keep a record of your victory.

• karibeargirl
    karibeargirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Most definitely without a doubt... Take pics along the way!!! You will be AMAZED when you think you're not making progress.. Or the scale doesn't budge... I'm a true believer of progress pics... I do it every single time I start a new fitness program :)!!
  • opalle
    opalle Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting and forced myself to take some before photos. Won't lie, it wasn't easy to look at them but I think they will be a good motivational tool. Just yesterday I was wavering on taking dog for a walk but after I sat down I looked at the photos and immediately went out with the dog.

Also later on when I get discouraged (been through this before and know that day will come) I think having photos that show how far I've made it will help.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    "Before" pictures are also great for keeping you on track once you've hit your goal weight. They're a warning of what can be!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Absolutely - though they may be hard to look at you will treasure them in the future. At some points that is the only way to tell that things are happening. You might also want to take some key measurements.

Clothes are okay but they stretch or shrink and sometimes they don't highlight areas that are changing.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Some people keep a pair of Fat Pants

• babycakesrn30
    babycakesrn30 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok so I did it I took pictures and UGH how horrible, but you are all right I need to do it to keep me motivated. Thanks for the input and support.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering if I should do it now for the rest of the loss. Anyone taken their first pics halfway through?
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! At some point you are going to ask yourself if all this effort is worth it. Pictures will show you that it is.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    The year where I lost the majority of my weight was a year of weddings. Seriously, 4 weddings in 6 months. Plus all of the little showers, dinners, bachelorette parties, etc throughout. I hated having my picture taken at all of these, but it means I get to do this now:

s6nia6zp5mgn.jpg