help me please need advice

Options
Hi my name is noemi been trying for years to lose weight been on and off the wagon....I'm a mother of three boy's and a grandma of twins you would think I will be in a pretty good shape im not

Replies

• ronrhoda
    ronrhoda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Diet & exercise, no easy fix. Balanced meals. Smaller one like 3-4 hrs apart. That's what works for me.
  • Azmother3
    Azmother3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for responding ! I shall try to eat every 3-4hr apart I hope this will help me
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Eating every 3-4 hours might or might not be a good part of your program. But you need to accurately track exactly how much you are eating. no matter how often or what you eat. If you have not done it already read all of the sticky threads. Get a food scale. Set up MFP so that it tells you how many calories you can have and start weighing and logging food. It is very simple, although still not always easy, and very effective. But you absolutely have to be honest about your food intake for this to succeed.
  • Azmother3
    Options
    Thank you ....I have done started the how much calories intake which your right its very tricky when I put down what I eat but at times the food I intake is not on the page so I have to guess at time .... ;)
  • MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It takes time, patience, and dedication. If you track everything, stay within your calorie goals and exercise you should see results. Most of all, trust the process and be patient. Despite what new products are out there there really isn't a magic pill that will help you lose weight and be able to sustain that weight loss. We need to relearn how to eat properly and give our bodies time to get on board with it.
  • honeybenn
    honeybenn Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The biggest step you have accomplished! That is starting with MFP! Completing your food diary is essential! Even if you over eat or eat things you shouldn't. None of us are perfect, but tracking your eating puts food into perspective! Encouragement from my friends has helped me alot. Don't give up! We can do this!!
  • Azmother3
    Options
    MsNeumann wrote: »
    It takes time, patience, and dedication. If you track everything, stay within your calorie goals and exercise you should see results. Most of all, trust the process and be patient. Despite what new products are out there there really isn't a magic pill that will help you lose weight and be able to sustain that weight loss. We need to relearn how to eat properly and give our bodies time to get on board with it.

I just started this journey of mine trying to better myself. .....it so hard
  • Azmother3
    Options
    honeybenn wrote: »
    The biggest step you have accomplished! That is starting with MFP! Completing your food diary is essential! Even if you over eat or eat things you shouldn't. None of us are perfect, but tracking your eating puts food into perspective! Encouragement from my friends has helped me alot. Don't give up! Lol ....I have to admit I sometimes forget to put down what have eaten but this week i shall stay on track!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Learn how weight loss works, its straightforward, then make yourself calorie count accurately= weight loss as long as you are at a consistent deficit.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
  • MsNeumann
    MsNeumann Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good for you for being here! Try to log in each day and like others have said, measure accurately and log everything. Also I recommend adding friends and using the social aspect of MFP for the encouragement and help it provides. Also it feels really good to help and encourage others! Feel free to add me! I'm on here every day!