How to wear a HRM

Options
I have a Polar FT4 hrm (chest strap with watch) and was wondering if anyone has the answer to this - do you need to actually wear the watch during exercise, or is it a 'receiver' only? I'm asking because I like to wear the hrm during my kettlebell workout but the watch gets in the way - I've actually cracked the watch face during a particular move. I turned my watch around so that the face is on the inside of my wrist but it still gets in the way with certain moves. Any ideas?

Replies

• scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    You don't need to wear it but it needs to stay close by to remain in range of the transmitter. So you can set it down a few feet away.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks, Scott! :)
  • kiwi_tobi
    kiwi_tobi Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey, like Scott said you dont have to wear it but you do need to be in it's range. whne I do a work out and it's bettign in the way I put it around my sports bra strap or on my tank top. Hope that hepls. =D
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I put mine on my treadmill handle. :D sometimes my trainer wears it as well - to keep an eye on me. :D
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I've worn mine inside my shirt connected to my bra strap while playing soccer. Hang it around your necklace if you wear one. Even on the back of your neck.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    Hey, like Scott said you dont have to wear it but you do need to be in it's range. whne I do a work out and it's bettign in the way I put it around my sports bra strap or on my tank top. Hope that hepls. =D

Great idea!