Looking for pregnant friends to support/motivate each other!

Options
I'm about 4 months pregnant and am struggling to eat right and keep working out. I would love to make some pregnant friends on here so we can support and motivate each other through this journey. Please add me as a friend if you're interested. Thanks!

Replies

• amagar
    amagar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm due in November and just rejoined because Im SO HUNGRY! Hopefully this will keep me in check
  • designerchic1011
    designerchic1011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I just want to say that this app helped me so much during my pregnancy. I worked out daily, but wanted to ensure I was gaining weight at the correct pace and eating the proper amount of nutrients! Once I started this app, the morning sickness went away and at the end of my pregnancy I have gained a healthy 26 pounds. I wish you the best on your pregnancy journeys! I am due in a little over a week and can't wait to finally meet my daughter : )
  • hln8123
    hln8123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm dues September and just rejoined too! I loved this app a few years ago and will be using it for a long time after the baby is here. :smile:
  • tamracgoff
    tamracgoff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm due in August! I'm getting back in the habit of logging everything I eat now so it won't be a dramatic change afterward. So far, at 32 weeks, I've gained 16 pounds (total) while eating everything ever lol.
  • k_nelson_24
    k_nelson_24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant anymore but I just had a baby 4 months ago! I gained 50lbs during my pregnancy and TOTALLY let myself go. =(

Once I was cleared to start working out at my 6 wk postpartum check up I started MFP and have logged in everyday since! It really helps me. I've lost my baby weight and hope to keep going!

I was so uncomfortable and tired my whole pregnancy and had to sleep on the couch for the last two months due to terrible hip pain (SPD). If any of you ladies are feeling terrible I totally empathize! I wish I would have started MFP before I delivered because I think it would have really helped me!

Congrats to all of you. =)

Feel free to add me! I need more new mommy friends! =)
  • mwinters82
    mwinters82 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Due in September :) good luck ladies x
  • TattooBarbieMom11
    TattooBarbieMom11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm due on October 2nd and looking for support & some friends on here... I am struggling to eat healthy & im about 24 weeks pregnant... I have gained 22 pounds so far..
  • agottula
    agottula Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 weeks tomorrow, and have gained 20 so far (thankfully the gain has slowed). Would love more MFP friends to keep me motivated.
  • MoMofBrody13
    MoMofBrody13 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats everyone! I'm 6 weeks, just barely pregnant with #2. Doc wants me to limit weight gain to 20lbs. I love to eat and need all the help I can get to hold back.
  • allierat84
    allierat84 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Due January if anyone wants to add me :)
  • chamcmillan
    chamcmillan Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in my first trimester with my fourth child. I teach body pump, run a few miles a week, and take spin classes. I also do strength training. My body is use to working out so much and I don't plan on stopping. I do log my food to make sure that my weight gain is under control. I was using the app prior to getting pregnant and will continue to use the app throughout.
  • kirstens1984
    kirstens1984 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant at the moment, but considering trying for a 2nd baby very soon. What settings do you use on here during pregnancy? Just normal maintenance settings?

I gained a lot of weight during my first pregnancy - due to a combination of polyhydramnios (waaaayyy too much amniotic fluid), eating too much and having a relatively large baby (nearly 9lb... and I'm naturally very petite). I stopped weighing myself when pregnant after gaining over 4 stone (2 of which I lost immediately after having my little one). My bump was comically HUGE but it really restricted my ability to exercise and I regret not getting fitter pre-pregnancy.

I have since lost all of my baby weight now, and a stone more actually, and have got a lot fitter due to exercising far more (I do Focus T25 and have done since November 2014, now on the Gamma phase). What exercises can I safely do when pregnant (ideally at home due to having a small child) - I want keep fit when pregnant and hopefully not suffer with the same problems as first time round. But the last thing I would want to do is to log food to the extent that I'm not eating enough so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks x
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Hello ladies! I just want to say that this app helped me so much during my pregnancy. I worked out daily, but wanted to ensure I was gaining weight at the correct pace and eating the proper amount of nutrients! Once I started this app, the morning sickness went away and at the end of my pregnancy I have gained a healthy 26 pounds. I wish you the best on your pregnancy journeys! I am due in a little over a week and can't wait to finally meet my daughter : )

What workouts did you do?
  • MaVieEntiere
    MaVieEntiere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    tamracgoff wrote: »
    I'm due in August! I'm getting back in the habit of logging everything I eat now so it won't be a dramatic change afterward. So far, at 32 weeks, I've gained 16 pounds (total) while eating everything ever lol.

That's really good right?... That sounds like a reasonable weight gain to me.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm not pregnant at the moment, but considering trying for a 2nd baby very soon. What settings do you use on here during pregnancy? Just normal maintenance settings?
    What exercises can I safely do when pregnant (ideally at home due to having a small child) - I want keep fit when pregnant and hopefully not suffer with the same problems as first time round. But the last thing I would want to do is to log food to the extent that I'm not eating enough so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks x
    I set my calories to maintenance (1440-1500 calories for my 5'2" height) for my first trimester and plan to add 300 calories for the second trimester and 300-400 calories for the third trimester.

If your pregnancy is without complications, you should be able to do the same exercises as you did pre-pregnancy. If you have complications or want to start new exercises, consult a doctor.

There's a great group called "fit fabulous and pregnant"
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm due in Dec. with baby number 9 (not a typo, lol!). I'm logging daily and would love to have friends who are also expecting. :smile:
  • hippiejacket0810
    hippiejacket0810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Pregnant mommy here as well. Due March 25th. Do not want to gain extra weight but want to make sure I still eat enough for my little one. :)
  • cjsfit17
    cjsfit17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm due in December and shooting for the same goal. I gained a little to much last time. It came off quick but I'm looking for the benefits of higher energy and faster labor with proper diet and exercise.
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, just coming back to this now. I gained a lot of lost weight back before I got pregnant (by not paying attention to what i was eating after surgeries when I was no longer as active), so I'm working very hard not to gain much during pregnancy. I'm 19 weeks and up about 3 pounds. I have an incompetent cervix and a new sub chorionic hemmhorage so exercising isn't an option, which makes my food intake that much more important. I also will be having a c-section, so less belly weight will help with recovery too.