I don't want to be a quitter anymore!!

melzy824
melzy824 Posts: 45 Member
Hi all. I have never written on a blog before so thought I would try it!
I feel like I am on a merry-go-round always saying I am going to start something and not even getting through one day of healthy eating. I love the way I feel when I do exercise and eat well but I always end up back on the not enough exercise and unhealthy eating cycle! It just seems so much easier except that it is mentally not.
I have been this way all my life and I just don't want to be like this anymore so I am seriously going to give it a try. Day 2 now and I do feel good. I just need to see some results at the end of the week so I don't get discouraged :)

Replies

• MrsHossYo
    MrsHossYo Posts: 15 Member
    I am in the same boat!! feel free to add me
  • VanityAngel2015
    VanityAngel2015 Posts: 17 Member
    I'm the same. Sometimes you just think what's the point, you start but can't keep it up. The good thing about this is it will kerp you accountable but don't worry if you don't complete the week being good. Next week's goal can be to do better until every week is a good week. :)
  • rhonda6374
    rhonda6374 Posts: 38 Member
    I am in the same boat as well. Friend me if you like. Hope you are doing well.
  • melzy824
    Thanks guys for responding :) so far so good, though it's early days - day 3 of this time round!
  • KathleenOsborne
    KathleenOsborne Posts: 6 Member
    I do this every day! I say to myself, "okay, today will be the day..." but stress gets the best of me most days. I think you just gotta keep up with it, even when you fail. Small steps count. 10 minute walks, little decisions. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    You should examine why you havent made it before. Having unrealistic expectations and putting too much pressure on yourself are unhelpful. You need to put your main focus on eating at a deficit and worry less about exercise or not.

Giving it a serious try means learning how weight loss works and then maintaining consistent deficits as well as being able to sustain it for the length of your journey. Understand the basics and learn to do them properly. Relax and focus, then you will be fine.
  • bcschulz
    bcschulz Posts: 95 Member
    I've done it for years and years. 66 days ago I was watching Netflix and saw several movies on diet and health. I decided that I was going to change for good. I've been eating a vegetarian diet ever since and I don't eat any processed foods. I found that it just gets easier and easier. If I don't eat meat, I can't eat fast food!!! Anyone that wants helpful encouraging friends, send me a fried request. I need the support too.
  • Jetspaz
    Jetspaz Posts: 3 Member
    What can we do to avoid the set backs? I have the same merry go round goals each time as well! anyone know what the "cure" is to stop this ride and get us on the right path? :/
  • melzy824
    999tigger wrote: »
    You should examine why you havent made it before. Having unrealistic expectations and putting too much pressure on yourself are unhelpful. You need to put your main focus on eating at a deficit and worry less about exercise or not.

Giving it a serious try means learning how weight loss works and then maintaining consistent deficits as well as being able to sustain it for the length of your journey. Understand the basics and learn to do them properly. Relax and focus, then you will be fine.

That's exactly right. I am trying to look at what has gone wrong and I really think it is all mind control. I really do know exactly what to do with nutrition and exercise it is just making it happen. My expectations are unrealistic I just want to look fit and toned instantly so I need to work on the gradual approach. Good news is I have lost 1kg in the last few days just by making an effort to - watch what I eat, exercise & drink a lot more water. I am super excited to keep going!
  • melzy824
    bcschulz wrote: »
    I've done it for years and years. 66 days ago I was watching Netflix and saw several movies on diet and health. I decided that I was going to change for good. I've been eating a vegetarian diet ever since and I don't eat any processed foods. I found that it just gets easier and easier. If I don't eat meat, I can't eat fast food!!! Anyone that wants helpful encouraging friends, send me a fried request. I need the support too.

Thats a great idea - I am going to watch the docos on Netflix to get inspiration and maybe try the vegetarian diet!!
  • BIGLeagueQ
    BIGLeagueQ Posts: 75 Member
    melzy824 wrote: »
    Hi all. I have never written on a blog before so thought I would try it!
    I feel like I am on a merry-go-round always saying I am going to start something and not even getting through one day of healthy eating. I love the way I feel when I do exercise and eat well but I always end up back on the not enough exercise and unhealthy eating cycle! It just seems so much easier except that it is mentally not.
    I have been this way all my life and I just don't want to be like this anymore so I am seriously going to give it a try. Day 2 now and I do feel good. I just need to see some results at the end of the week so I don't get discouraged :)

I know the feeling. You are headed in the right direction though! Keep at it!! This is only my second day as well, and I have already seen the benefits of reading/discussing with others. It feels good to know others share the same struggles...and goals. Good luck on your journey! :)
  • melzy824
    Thanks BIGLeagueQ :) I wish you success too!!